Hello from Bill @ Weber Power Products

WPP-Bill

Hello everyone! Just wanted to drop in and say hello. My name is Bill and I am the webmaster for Weber Power Products. I work in-house and if there is anything I can assist you with, please let me know.

Welcome to TurboBuick.com, the biggest & the best of all of the turbo Buick forums / sites anywhere.
Welcome, Bill, and thanks for joining the site, and offering assistance for those that might need it regarding Weber Power Products.

Is weber power products the business formerly know as weber racing?

Is weber power products the business formerly know as weber racing?

Ya, this is definetly the same place. Hoping he will chime in and clarify what services are still available as I've heard the motor building portion is no longer.

I know of a couple of engines that they are currently building for some of the board members, that includes me :D.

Ya, this is definitely the same place. Hoping he will chime in and clarify what services are still available as I've heard the motor building portion is no longer.

I will clarify the best I can without writing a book. As many of you know, we have been in the engine building business for many years and have always put our emphasis on doing high quality work. The part that has frustrated me as a business owner is the lack of profitability. There are thin margins and high expenses. In 2009 my plan was to stop doing engine machining because it virtually impossible to be able to hire someone that is capable of doing the work how I want it done and do it profitably. Push the wrong button on that CNC machine and it can be a $10k mistake.
Since I made this decision, I still accepted Buick work because I am set-up well for it, can do it more efficiently, and enjoy it. While doing Buicks only I have found that this was working well, I can do the block machining myself (ensuring high quality), and still leave me time to run the business, my repair shop, and be able to get home to see my kids before they go to bed.
So the plan has been adjusted to continue to do what we are the best at and do less overall volume.
When traveling in uncharted waters, you constantly have to evaluate the coarse you are on and make corrections when necessary, and sometime you may even have to change your destination.
The company name has been changed slightly because we are also involved in developing a wind turbine project and this name change allows us to function well in both industries.
I hope this helps clarify what is going on here and we look forward to serving the Turbo Buick community better than we ever have before.

I will clarify the best I can without writing a book. As many of you know, we have been in the engine building business for many years and have always put our emphasis on doing high quality work. The part that has frustrated me as a business owner is the lack of profitability. There are thin margins and high expenses. In 2009 my plan was to stop doing engine machining because it virtually impossible to be able to hire someone that is capable of doing the work how I want it done and do it profitably. Push the wrong button on that CNC machine and it can be a $10k mistake.
Since I made this decision, I still accepted Buick work because I am set-up well for it, can do it more efficiently, and enjoy it. While doing Buicks only I have found that this was working well, I can do the block machining myself (ensuring high quality), and still leave me time to run the business, my repair shop, and be able to get home to see my kids before they go to bed.
So the plan has been adjusted to continue to do what we are the best at and do less overall volume.
When traveling in uncharted waters, you constantly have to evaluate the coarse you are on and make corrections when necessary, and sometime you may even have to change your destination.
The company name has been changed slightly because we are also involved in developing a wind turbine project and this name change allows us to function well in both industries.
I hope this helps clarify what is going on here and we look forward to serving the Turbo Buick community better than we ever have before.

Thanks for clarifying!! I'll be in soon to come up with a plan for a roller cam!!