Hello fresh from the 253!!!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
hi... im new here at turbobuick.com im from the tacoma washington area and i just got my first car a 1983 buick t-type i purchased online for $2000 dollars. the car had some problems when i bought it but a good mechanic friend of mine looked over the car and told me that the oil pan was about to fall out and that it was in major need of a tune up so it got new spark plugs, distributor, plugs, oil change, transmission change, and some lucas anti-knock treatment. I think that it still needs some work but it is a good project car that i am using for my senior project until i took it to buckys to get the free cooling system inspection... and boom if i remember properly a hole in the timing chain cover (or something like that) was found and water and coolant was puking out everywhere and was told that i would lose the engine if i didnt get it fixed so i limped it home and parked it until i get around 2200 dollars to fix it... including the exhaust system that was in pieces and rusted out and was missing the catalytic converters which is illigal in washington. the car does have a history of being stolen atleast 4 times so im not suprised if i find any parts missing:) and well that is my turbobuick.com intrology

Welcome to TURBOBUICK.COM & the forum. Sort of a rough start & introduction but things could have been worse. Lots of help available on this forum. HTH

New guy on the block

Hello guys,
87 GN....New to Turbo Buick. I'm in the Central Florida Area. Blown Motor. In the process of gathering parts for a rebuild.