Heated seats for a GN?

gn85

You've gotta try this!
Hey y'all,

I've been trying to think of a car that has heated seats that would work in the GN??

Can anybody think of a good donor car that wouldn't need too much modifying to bolt up to a GN? Of course, I'll take care of the wiring. Rented a VW Passat here that had both driver and passenger heated seats and they SURE did the trick on cold mornings.

Some seat cover Co. makes custom GN covers and you can get either/both massager and heat in them. Expensive tho. and i forget which vendor, check Jax.

Me, I have a Homedics massager/heater I put on my seat in my cutlass and it does the trick, $29.99 and it can work in home or car;)

I'm very interested in more info on that Homedics massager/heater! Can you help me out?

http://www.flash.net/~duetto/catalog.htm

This link is a company that has parts for miata's BUT THERE SEAT HEATERS WILL WORK ON ALL SEATS. look under the interior area and scroll down to almost the bottom of the catalog list on the left. I have ordered from them in the past they are a good company.

Try walmart for the seat massager. A bit bulky but it worked.

MIke

I've seen those heating elements that are put under the fabric too but I don't remember where. I'm not sure how they would work in cloth seats vs. leather. I have heated seats in the Maxima (leather) and love them.

I found a few sites that had what appeared to be kits for doing this. Of course, I found the heated pads that sit ON the seat and plug into the lighter. I wanted the real deal.

Since I'm going to be having my seats re covered next summer, that would be the perfect time to 'install' this.

I installed a heated seat pad in my old full size Bronco. (Only the drivers side-I'm cheap and selfish!) The pad went on the bottom and back of the seat above the foam directly under the leather. It had two heat ranges and worked perfectly. Really helped take the chill off leather. I've been looking at them for my GF's Cherokee also. I found a few last night on my home PC and saved them. I'll post back tonight. Some looked factory.