Heat/Ac box removal help!

kymover

:eek: Can anyone tell me the secret to removing the last two blots on the bottom left side of the heat/AC box? I have the inner fender unbloted but I can't get to the last two blots. Help.

I just went through this. In hindsight, it would have been less frustrating if
I had just removed the hood, right fender/liner assembly from the start. That way I could have accessed all the bolts and had lots room to move around. It sounds like a bunch of work, but I spent hours trying to get those out anyhow-not to mention when the time comes to put them BACK IN!

Don't forget the bolt inside the car behind the center of the dash, its real close to the carpet and on a angle. Obviously a engineers idea of a bad joke to locate it there. For the life of me, I could not find it at first. Good luck.

follow up

If I read your post correctly you said you removed both the fender and the liner? is that correct? Thanks for your reply.

Yes. So be super careful to not nick any paint, and clearly marking all the mounting bolts so everything reinstalls lined up as before. Don't loose any
shims, make sure they all go back where they belong (if you even have any).
You may find the j-nuts brake appart during removal. Your local NAPA dealer should have them on the shelf-take you old broken ones with you. Replace all of them while it is appart, even if they don't brake. They are super cheap and 20+ years old. Make sure you have another person to help with the hood, its heavy and hard to align by yourself. Don't want to drop it and crack the windshield or scratch paint :rolleyes:. Also, after installing the fender back on, back sure you a slow to open the door to make sure the adjustment is good-you can easily bend the fender/door lip.

Sounds like lots of work, it is. Unless someone showed me another way, without me loosing my insanity-I would do it this way everytime.

I cut the last two bolts off flat with a dremmel tool and ground a slot in them and backed them out with a screwdriver from the inside.