Health Insurance

SAVANNAHAUTOAIR

AUTO AC AND COOLING PARTS
My wife's office recently decided to cut its health insurance coverage for family members other than current employees.

Therefore, my son and I will soon be without insurance and we as a family are now looking.

We used to be with Blue Cross, but now don't know where to go, and who to use, as we've only been given a months notice to look.

Anybody have any recommendations?

TIA,
Brett

SAVANNAHAUTOAIR said:
My wife's office recently decided to cut its health insurance coverage for family members other than current employees.

Therefore, my son and I will soon be without insurance and we as a family are now looking.

We used to be with Blue Cross, but now don't know where to go, and who to use, as we've only been given a months notice to look.

Anybody have any recommendations?

TIA,
Brett

*****I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield, as well as other insurance partially subsidized by my work. It's an HMO type deal, and I have a list of doctors I can go to for checkups, work, etc.. My work covers most of it. If you have to pay for everything yourself, prepare to bend over for anything approaching comprehensive coverage for someone with kids. It can get incredibly expensive depending upon what you need. Someone has to pay for all of the people without insurance now in this country, and it only seems to be getting worse as companies try to reduce their health care costs, which have gotten insanely expensive these last 10 years or so with no end in site.

:(

Good luck

Billy
Montgomery Village, MD

See an independant agent that can get quotes for you from different providers including the local Blue Cross affiliate. Keep in mind "individual" coverage can and will subject you to not getting coverage for preexisting conditions etc.

Talk to a local health insurance agent to be sure.

Also take a look at health savings accounts if you are all healthy and want to keep premiums down.

Buy coverage from a company that is at least "A" rated.

May want to check with the company I was working for......United American Insurance. Can't hurt to give them a call. The Savannah office is located at 5105 Paulsen St Ste 216. The number is 912-353-8494. From what I remember, they have some really good coverages and are a non-HMO/PPO, so you can choose your doctor.

I got a quote of $90/mo for Blue Cross PPO a couple years back for my wife. Alot cheaper than the $240/mo now I pay to have her covered under my companies plan. But then none of that pre existing condition BS to deal with.

Thanks for the replies!!!

Lonnie-are you not working for the same company anymore? What's been going on?

Take care all.
Brett

Nope.......working for GE now. They called me out of the blue back in April, did a phone interview, and sent me hiring packet. No real complaints so far......got a bunch of new goodies for the Buick too.... :D

I know Pacificare used to be really bad... deny deny deny... my wife worked there for a while as a temp.

They could have changed, but I doubt it. Now, we had Blue cross blue shield for a while and they were GREAT. But I have heard that they have tightened the screws too and it is difficult to get legitimate claims paid.

That's about all I have to offer, sorry :(

Good luck,

Vic