HeadLight Delimna argh

xxninja

hey guys i need some opinions
My headlights worked fine till yesterday....

i was driving around town last night and decided to turn my hi-beams on. They Did come on.
Soo as soon as i pull the stalk forward, to shift back to Low Beams
Both sets of Beams went out, and Now neither set of lights come on, and i have no headlights.

i dont think Ive blown any fuses, as i Still have my Hazards, running lights work, so do blinkers, brake and reverse lights....
is it possible i blew a fuse still?

I remember i used to hear a "click" when i would pull the stalk forward, and i dont even hear that anymore.

SO i did a little research, and come across something called a "hi- low beam switch" thats under the dash. near the base of the column

any chances this could be it? or maybe you have some advice for me?

Id appreciate it, so i could drive my car again

~brian:rolleyes:

Check the switch -
The lever controls some rods that run to the switch...it almost sounds like the rod feel out of place.
Get a light, drop the underdash cover and look around while moving the lever....

Headlight switch I say, the toggle one.

Funny story, last year was at a cruise night and this old dude was chatting it up. One of his last comments before he left was "hope you make it home ok". Of course I was confused and thouight to myself "ya whatever buddy". Well after stopping at my friends house, I went to leave, flipped the headlight switch and the lights came for 2 seconds and then were gone. I couldn't believe it, guess he was right. :confused:

ok i did some looking around.
the toggle switch is good

So i looked under the dash, and checked that white switch on the steering column

The rod that goes to the Hi/low switch is touching where it should be

so i assume that its problally the hi/low switch causing my aggrovation.

now my question is........

how does that hi/low switch come off of the steering column, i didnt see any screws or bolts.

also can i go to autozone for this? or this a dealer part only?

also, does anyone know the proper name for this switch? that would help me alot , if i went to buy one

thanx
~brian

I had the same problem with mine (Headlights just quit working). To cure the problem I had to remove the headlight switch and clean the contacts.