Headlight chime module Wiring help

vader87

Protected Freedom for 27 years! Thank a Veteran!
Ok on my 85 GN, I replaced the chime module and it works great when my headlights are left on. It does NOT work when the keys are in the ignition and the door is open.

Here is my question: My factory connector has only 6 wires and the module has 7 pins. I am sure that that one pin is for the open door chime. Does anyone have the wiring diagrams or the know-how on how to wire it up?

The gnttype.org diagrams are very difficult to read due to the small type.

Thanks!!!!

Hi Vader where did you buy yours? I've looked all over the internet and cannot find a chime module for the GN.

From oldspower.com, posted in 2007:
22531857-disco'd 1/01/00 None Available
22529628-replaced By 22535998 (7/01/88) Available As Nos From Some Dealers, 22535998 Replaced By 25524794 (2/01/93) Available New From Any Gm Dealer(order-able) List $64.19
Note That Other Numbers Than The Original *may* Have A Different Sound To Them. Also, It's Possible That The Wiring And Physical Package *might* Be Different.

I've used a little black two wire buzzer that I think I bought from Radio Shack years ago.

Found this online. I will give it a try.

Run a wire from the door jamb switch to pin 3 and pin 6 on chime module.
Pin 3 is ground for the module and pin 6 catches ground when the door is opened making the module chime..
By using the door jamb switch as ground for pin 3 & 6 the module can not use any juice when the door is closed.
Run a wire from the top plug on the head light switch to pin 7 on the chime module.
The top pin on the head light switch has 12 volts on it when the parking lights are on.

Here's the wiring diagram for the chime module,page 42 of the pdf

Attachments

• sec08-4.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 272