Headers

I just installed a set of TA SS headers about a month ago, definately high quality pieces.

I have seen the ss chrome ones on ebay and have tried to contact them several times. They wont respond to any of my emails. I'm afraid they might be a scam. Has anyone dealt with them?

I heard that unless ur running low 10's, the hooker headers will slow you down.....

I heard something like that also. Someone told me they kill the bottom end performance.

Anyone care to give a review on the all around performance of these other headers.

on the link above, there have been several TR owners that have installed the SS autochrome headers, and have been happy with them

Just installed SSautochrome headers on my car and it was an easy install. Had to make some room for the houston pipe but very little damage to the headers. The quality was good and all accesories fit without a problem.Have noticed alittle more lag but i am running a reds chip with a 63e. One positive note: Headers were purchased off ebay and delivered in 2 DAYS to my door! But the best was they were labeled "returned deisel test pipe for rechroming" so there was no charge at the border. I'm canadaien eh

Rick87GN said:
I heard something like that also. Someone told me they kill the bottom end performance.

Anyone care to give a review on the all around performance of these other headers.

I have ATR headers on a stock longblock. I would have to say the myth of it hurting performance is mostly "he said she said". Maybe on a BONE stock car they might hurt a bit.

Some argue that it is money better spent in areas other than headers. This may be true, but I know I will never have to upgrade ever again.

Thanks Glen, I value your opinion. I need to upgrade. I have fixed cracks but I can still here a leak and my spool up is not the best. Pain in my ass.

Its true about spending in other places, I would much rather buy a tranlator pro with all the bells and whistles and have a few bucks left. Although I know I will have to break down sooner or later.

We need to hook up at a cruise night or something. Wana check out that white-T. Take care.
Rick

Rick87GN said:
Thanks Glen, I value your opinion. I need to upgrade. I have fixed cracks but I can still here a leak and my spool up is not the best. Pain in my ass.

Its true about spending in other places, I would much rather buy a tranlator pro with all the bells and whistles and have a few bucks left. Although I know I will have to break down sooner or later.

We need to hook up at a cruise night or something. Wana check out that white-T. Take care.
Rick

I can't speak for the other brands, but as far as ATR is concerned, I was BLOWN AWAY by the quality and the way it all fit together. Everything bolted right up and just straight FIT.

Hope to see you at a cruise night, I always forget about Frankfort on thursday night. I can show you the MAF PRO system if we meet up.

DCVING 6 said:
............ but I know I will never have to upgrade ever again.

Talk with the 10 sec. cutomers that have replaced their ATR headers with our. They have improved spool up and picked up .2-.5 in the 1/4 mile! :)

Other cars have stated good results too, but I have personally seen the results of the cars posted above.

DCVING 6 said:
I have ATR headers on a stock longblock. I would have to say the myth of it hurting performance is mostly "he said she said". Maybe on a BONE stock car they might hurt a bit.

Some argue that it is money better spent in areas other than headers. This may be true, but I know I will never have to upgrade ever again.

Perfect post.. i totally agree with you !!