header crack..what's your opinion?

bryguy

BACK IN BLACK !!!
I have my car tuned perfectly right now but my only downfall is the usual crack in the driverside header (can you say turbo lag). Anyway I saw an entire kit with both Hiflo headers crossover & 3" downpipe but it was $1,103.....a little 2 expensive right now. I remember seeing a shop that takes your headers (core charge) welds them than coats them for around 300 bucks....what's the deal:eek:
Bryan

Guys are going 10's with the stock headers. IMO, you're wasting your $$$ on an $1100 set of headers/crossover at your level.
You can get a header welded for less than $100. Make sure it's done by somebody knowledgable, otherwise the flange may warp and you'll have trouble with it sealing to the head.
Sean.

If money is an issue then you could do like me and take it to your local Muffler shop (Midas in my case) and let them weld it. Or if moneys no option, call up ATR or another Buick vendor and order a set of new ones.

FIX OR REPAIR

Fix or replace it, I just replaced mine a few days ago, big difference. Keep an eye out in the "parts for sale" forum, I got a real good deal, about 900.00 dollars less than you posted, and also look on ebay, I only had to do the ds, pretty easy to do yourself.