header burn

topfuel

nitro sniffer
Got my arm good this weekend working on the funny car.

My job on the bottom end of the engine puts me within inches of the scalding hot exhaust headers when the car comes back from a run.

Here's what happens when you brush up against one

attachment.php

That's gonna leave a mark lol...

Attachments

• header burn 001.jpg
    header burn 001.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 358
That hurts man I have been burned like that a few times and it is not fun. I would look into thermal sleeves that way it doesn't happen again.

That hurts man I have been burned like that a few times and it is not fun. I would look into thermal sleeves that way it doesn't happen again.

I actually was wearing sleeves, I don't know if it slid down my arm or what but they didn't help that time. I also wear gloves, safety glasses and a hat when I'm down there.

My buddy is working on top eliminater seats for Indy already. I missed last two years but my Bode shirt is wore out so I will be there this year.
XL please:biggrin:

When I was a kid I worked at a local jiffy lube. Honda's put the oil filter on the rear side of the block and the exhaust pipe was right next to it. We called it a Honda Hickey. Had at least one a week.

I've done the same damn thing...so I know it's going to hurt for a while...working around funny cars, dragsters, race cars, it's inevitable. Slop some Noxema on it, it should help, but you're definately going to have a nice "Brag trophy".:smile:

Take it carefully around that damn thing. Hope you're wearing earplugs when the thing's idling. (such a beautiful sound) Be careful, buddy.(you lucky dog you, working on a funny car...envy, envy, envy):tongue:

Bruce '87 Grand National