Head porters in Houston?

I got mine from Conley's, but the flow sheet was from David Nicken's shop... Oh, 205 intake and 176 exhaust @ 0.500" lift.

Ross,
I've been looking for head porters too and seems that all the good one want $1,000 then I still have to buy the bigger valves
not to mention when I ask have they done a buick v-6 usally say yes, but been a while.

I'm leaning towards Champion irons if I have to pay that much !

Originally posted by insane6
Ross,
I've been looking for head porters too and seems that all the good one want $1,000 then I still have to buy the bigger valves
not to mention when I ask have they done a buick v-6 usally say yes, but been a while.

I'm leaning towards Champion irons if I have to pay that much !

That's what I figured. I think the Champion route is the only way to go if you have to spend $1000+. At least you know they are proven performers.

Porting cylinder heads

Ross there is a shop in San Antonio named Long's Machine Shop. They have my heads and have done a great job of porting them. He also has a flow bench but has not yet flowed mine.
If you are interested call him at 210-922-0637 and talk to Jerry Long. Some of the other shops are just asking way to much for porting cylinder heads, he will cut you a good deal...

Also to let you know I have another set of GN heads already there. I'll take $60 for them and they can port them.

Hey guys did you know nickensbros build buickv6s i got a 580hp na they built years ago. Bo nickens was world champ in nhra comp elim runing buick they know lots about engines just as much as kenny d if not more david nickens is or was head engine dude for mopar prostock teams no joke these guys know so much its scary Racerdude