Head gaskets?

Who makes the best head gaskets for the stage II? 1026, lock wire, copper?

I prefer FP 1007 loc-wire gaskets - many now swear by the Cometics but they seem to have some issues weeping water. Not a big deal to fix but the 1007s have worked for years in my engine. I have even hit 30psi on occasion with no issues.

I've got cometics, and I don't like them. I was simple asking some of this guys that had run this stage II heads, what they used? Thanks for link Summit. Bent6, thanks that is some of the replys I like to here.

Stage II Head Gaskets

I have been using FP 1007 for 8 years - no problems. Your machine shop has to prepare the heads correctly.

Who makes the best head gaskets for the stage II? 1026, lock wire, copper?
Titan copper gaskets have gotten some good reviews also.I stopped using wire lock's years ago.The concept was good
but the wire grooves had to be exact to work. But with any one's gaskets retorquing frequently is a must.On 109 engines we have had good luck with RJC'S shim stainless gaskets. Running 28# boost & retorquing them every five or so passe's. Keeping the tune safe doesn't hurt either.

I have been using FP 1007 for 8 years - no problems. Your machine shop has to prepare the heads correctly.
If the 1007's were made for an 3.800 bore I would support your statement. Unless you know something I don't they were designed for a 4.00 bore & the thin section between the bores was always first to start failing. The grooving tool is made by BHJ & I have never seen it's use to be exact by any of the machinist I have ever tried. But I guess the bottom line is just stick with what ever works.