Head gasket question?

Turbo6Tech84

Just pondering this around would like some a more educated opinions on this. Just replaced my heater core about a month or two. Noticed the overflow bottle is low every so often so I refill it. Was wondering if my head gaskets might have a slow leak in them, never touched them before. I'm thinking it could be just the heater core filling up and the air is getting out of the system. I might just be crazy but what are some checks I can do to just be certain. Also my trans is slipping 2nd gear right now and I get some low knock numbers on that shift, I should really just turn the boost way down. Im currently only running 13 at best psi to be on the safe side. The highest knock reading I got was 3.2 something around there. Just wanna make sure im not damaging anything when I go cruising. Planning on getting the trans fixed soon just gotta get my funds up. Any info will be appreciated. I just cant wait to get all the demons out of this car and start enjoying alittle more.

Check and make sure that the heater water valve isn't leaking, mine was and I had to replace it, just another thing to check.

Also check the freeze plugs espessially the ones on the back of the engine have to remove insp. cover ask me how long it took to find that one