Head and Cam 5.0 sees my tail lights

PsychoBuickBoy

The Money Pit
Driving around today trying to tune my baby in when I see a nice black 5.0 go by the opposite direction. We caught eye contact when he passed. No cars around so I swing a U-turn and catch him at the next light. He laughs when I pulled up and I said "I had to turn around, nice car". He had lots of gauges, shift light ect....and lots of stickers;) . His girl was in the car too. He complements my car back and I told him I am trying to tune it in so if he wants to run lets do it! Light goes green, he gets the jump on me but we all know what happens next. I spooled up, realed him in and started pulling away. He missed second and had no chance.

Next red light. I said "you missed a gear!". He said he couldn't find 2nd so I said lets give it another shot. He never asked about my car but I asked what he had special done to his 5.0. He said bolt ons, roller rockers, cam and heads. This time I spooled a little on the line and when the light went green it was all GN. I got him out of the hole and pulled a few lengths up to about 85 then let out. He coasted up and gave me the thumbs up. He ultimately was a pretty cool Mustang owner which is rare! No un-necessary fly bys or anything! He also had the number '13.' in his back window so looks like he was recently at the track. Nice car, those Mustangs sound MEAN when they are done up! I am getting this sucker tuned in pretty nicely!

I have to agree that the mustangs, when done right, sound downright killer. There is a beautiful maroon one here that sounds like it ought to run low 12's to hi 11's. He got next to me on the way home last night and I guess he wanted to go. Only problem was that there was a truck in front of me and I had no way to get around it. Glad you could put the smakdown on him and he remained cool about it. Lots of our 'stang guys here are pretty cool with the TR guys. It's usually the guy who just got the car and was told by the previous owner "it will outrun anyone in town" that has an attitude.

Nice kill

It's cool to hear another guy having a good run with a stang and the owner not being an A--hole. The heads/cam/intake 5.0 stangs unless stroked usually run mid to low 12's and with a little bit of laughing gas they will dip into the 11's from what I've seen, so you should smack most everyone of them down with relative ease. Like I've said before, I'm not worried about the stangs that are really loud cause 99% of them I know I can take, but if they are quiet and making a hissing noise I get a little worried:D

Originally posted by Big Paul
BTW: What is that hissing sound coming from the mustangs? ;)

On mine it's the air going though the K&N cone filter. Either that or a vacuum leak. ;)

What is that hissing noise you ask.....

Blown (supercharged) or turboed (turbocharged) for you guys that may not know what that hissing noise really is;) :D

hmmmm...

....I thought it would be a blown head gasket or a vaccum leak, but those ford boys are tricky ;)