Hawaii?

pvt num 11

Finally driving it
I may be purchasing a t-top/cloth TTA shortly, and wondered if anyone does or did live in Hawaii, with their TTA. I've seen maybe two over the eight years I've been here, so I may be buying the last one left, but I wanted to be sure. Plus, it would be cool to represent the turbo crowd for when the local third-gen guys and us get together.

F-bodies aren't very plentiful here, especially ones worth any money. Camaro's are more common, but it's the Firebirds that I have trouble finding. The ones I do see are either well-kept or ragged out beyond belief.

As far as Buicks, go, one of my co-workers owns THREE GN's. Pretty commonplace here, the whole G-body thing in Hawaii is about as common as nitrogen is in the atmosphere.

It won't be my first third-gen, I've owned a beater 2.8 '87 Firebird, and I currently own a somewhat ragged-looking 350 TPI '88 GTA, but at least that car runs pretty strong, despite visual apperances. So, even though I'm unfamiliar wiht the Buick 3.8 engines, I'm pretty familiar with the personality and 'quirks' of the F-body.

If I get it, I plan of leaving it bone-stock (as it sits now, with the exception of a turbo timer) and use it for taking the wife on dates. Plus, one hell of a back-up car if the GTA has problems, eh?

(I'm also a member of TGO, if anyone cares.)

Are you picking up the SPEED DEMON car? Saw one in the advertiser not sure if its the same one. How much they asking? There are three including mine that I have seen. There is another one in Pearl City I think that is totaled, the motor was pulled and might be in a toyota truck. One belonged to some hot chick that used to work out at golds, the Speed Demon car belonged to a haole guy I in Hawaii Kai I think. If you think they are asking too much or the car isn't clean enough go and buy one from the mainland. I bought mine from Reno in 2001. Not one speck of rust anywhere.

Yeah, that's the same one. Considering the issues it has are minor, I'm not balking at the price, and it's owned by the dude's wife, Judy. She's looking for a home for it. One potential buyer, when asked why he wanted to buy the car, commented that "It looks cool." NEXT! Or that was the husband said, anyway. Nice neighborhood, way up on Ward Avenue (or that wereabouts). They seemd to like me and my wife, as I asked a bunch of TTA-specific questions and was all-but-drooling at the chance to sit in it. I'm just hoping my loan gets approved.

I'd consider a mainland car, but the opportunity to buy one here within easy driving distance (shipping is not very cheap) and the issues it has are nothing I can't remedy with some Tender Loving Care, a little cash and some time.

Judy's best time in it was 13.2, but that was with a chip they since removed as they didn't like how the car ran with it. 13.8 with everything stock, not too shabby. Definitly faster then my GTA, that's for sure. GTA's are HEAVY.

Thats the same that my TTA ran. I went to the track once and got a 13.8. Its a fun car to own. Good luck on your aquisition. Always seen the guy driving it though. Almost crashed into him once when he was making a turn on Kapiolani. I was thinking what the odds of that happening was.

Yeouch, that would kinda suck. :eek: About more likely to get hit by lightning, I reckon, with so few of them on Island. I'd figure it would've been an SUV with some soccer mom on the cell phone who would've been the problem...