Having balance issues with std engine rebuild.. WTF

Jeff Moore

What is going on?? Engine required different crank and new TRW pistons...Engine was then balanced. so they say and otherwise it was a simple rebuild..
But now engine has vibration at 2100-2220 rpms........Had t-converted and drive belt disconnected...and vibration is still there...>>>>not happy...
Is this engine difficult to balance.... and or is the balancing process something that requires a high level of expertise.. vs 'local boys and their balancing process..
Any advice is appreciated... or direct me to somebody who can do the job.....I'm located in the Dayton/ Ohio area..

Was balanced 36.6%; with original; flywheel-flexplate , h-balancer , rods , used crank (not original to car), and new TRW pistons..... Have had engine pulled twice and balanced by two shops... Still have vibration.. both shops blame each other... like two old women...

Engine runs good...not other issues..just the vibration..Had it checked at a GM dealer to verify my concerns and have a report by them engine vibrates or 'out of balance...

Is it a CASE of 'Dumb and Dummer or what am I dealing with?? Is there an engine balancer on this board who can explain to me the 'correct procedure to balance...Is it possible the used crank had been tampered with ..and that is what is making it harder to balance the engine???

Last edited:
What is going on?? Engine required different crank and new TRW pistons...Engine was then balanced. so they say and otherwise it was a simple rebuild..
But now engine has vibration at 2100-2220 rpms........Had t-converted and drive belt disconnected...and vibration is still there...>>>>not happy...
Is this engine difficult to balance.... and or is the balancing process something that requires a high level of expertise.. vs 'local boys and their balancing process..
Any advice is appreciated... or direct me to somebody who can do the job.....I'm located in the Dayton/ Ohio area..
Was it balanced with the fly wheel you have on it now ?

Was balanced 36.6%; with original; flywheel-flexplate , h-balancer , rods , used crank (not original to car), and new TRW pistons..... Have had engine pulled twice and balanced by two shops... Still have vibration.. both shops blame each other... like two old women...

Not trying to state the obvious but your sure it isn't missing right?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk