Havent posted Alan's car in a while..

Scott are you going to put any scirt kits around that car, its nice to see some full body pics. I was loading mine onto a friends car trailor the other day after blowing another head gasket and the leading edge cought my front spoiler and ripped it off :( So i am now going to up grade to the 92 kit i allways liked it better and it will scoop more air to the FMIC allso. I have an ON/OFF switch but cant make up my mine were to put it.(Were to drill a hole in my car)

I had a 89 Camaro before this one and it had the same problem with that front bumper lip catching the trailer all the time. It was a real pain.

I plan on keeping mine just the way it is externaly. I'm going to get a stock looking fiberglass hood because my steel one on the inside where the factory bonded it together is letting go. I like the car with no cowl so it's more stock looking...

What keeps happing to the headgaskets? Which kind are you using?
Where has it been taking them out?(cyl)

What's the on/off switch for?

I'm switching from a 3:50 gear to a 3:25 gear right now. I'm already at 6000rpm before I get to the 1/4mark... I'm guessing about the 1000ft. I'm running a Hydr. roller lifter so much past 6200 it'll start bleeding them down.
So I decided to lower the RPMs with gear.
I think that's all I'm changing for this year. I might try and put some race fuel in it and get a good race fuel tune but I like where it's at on 93oct now.
~Scott

Well its to long of a story to tell about those 10 headgaskets one melted alum. head,inj inj,harness, cam ,intake. Now lets see did i leave anything out that we didnt check or change. Oh yea the fuel pumps Dave Fiscus kept telling me to check them but i was hard headed and wouldnt belive they were bad because they were new and the FXI wasnt showing any lean condition.
Finaly i check the fuel flow into a 5 gal buckit it took both w340s to pump one gal in 4 minutes, crap Dave was right. So i orderd to new Holley in tank pumps to make it to Renolds, poped them in there, well i shouldnt say poped in cause anybody thats every changed fuel pump in a Fboby knows you dont just pop them in, anyway they did the same thing and btw when i opened those Holleys were the same as my w340s right down to the part number. Well its in the wiring so we didnt have time to track it down so i made a hole new harness to the pumps and made 9 passes at Renolds with no problems.
Now were puting everything we striped off the engine back on and maybe we can finaly get the numbers out of this thing that we should.

Ya'll need to get that thing running cause there has been some serious street racing going on lately..

10 head gaskets.. dang! Ouch.

So did you actually find the problem or just changed out the pumps and then made some passes with out huring anything? (which I'm glad) :)

What parts are you going to put back on?

What AFR was it running.? Nothing on the log ... that's strange...

Good luck..
~Scott

Yes we got it running. It was the wiring to the fuel pumps. Once we fixed that, no more probs! I'll have to dig around in the FAST and see what the AFR was

The old logs show the A/Rs were in the 11s to 11.5 in all the squares on every pass that a head gasket blew which was every pass around the 1000ft mark.
Taking everyones suggestions exsept Daves, i replaced or changed everything. First the GN1 alum heads cause they cracked every time in a new place after having them rewelded which was about 5 times. Then the inj, and inj harness. Then the cam cause i bought it from someone on the board and took it at face value it was what i was told it was, and started thinking maby it is a N/A roller cam not turbo cam. I thought it was building to much cyl pressure, like a 204 214 will. Good thing i did it cause the Comp 224 Roller we put in there was a HOLE LOT MORE POWERFULL than the ????208???? that cam out with no other changes that day but still blew the gasket. But WOW WHAT A CAM. We were also talking with Cal picking his brain he was helping us lower the timing and keep the tune in check but it was still doing it at no more than 21 max psi.
Now that weve replaced everything on the car and fixed the problem thanks to Dave saying (FUELPUMP,FUELPUMP,FUELPUMP)LOL. We can put a good set of heads,inj,Fast header probes back on and retune maybe we can turn it up to 25psi.

Ya'll need to get that thing running cause there has been some serious street racing going on lately..

I know dude belive me im trying to get all these cars going. As soon as i can get Dra's car out of the shop i can get mine back in there then theres Jasons remember we ran the gutts out of it at Renolds and needs going through again, then theres Brians cant get him to put his engine back in his car. I told him i would come get the car and do it at least it would be making progress.

Picture of my engine bay 86 Camaro with pipes through the core support... Radiator dropped down a few inches. Stock hood/latch retained.

CamaroatMartin1.JPG

External picture from Martin MI.
CamaroatMartin3.JPG

CamaroatMartin4.JPG

Hope that gives you some ideas,
Scott
man i wish my engine bay was that clean...:cool: :cool:

Those AFR's are good... was the % of O2 correction going way up when the Fuel Pressure was dropping? (It should have been) since you were running out of fuel it should have started correcting for it. But opening up the injectors longer would just make that problem worse. Didn't you hear anything? pinging? That shure is alot of damage. Craking heads and blowing head gaskets. I'm glad hopefully that stuff is behind you.

BandAid... It will look real similar ;)
~Scott

I never heard anything untill seconds before it would blow and i know what pinging sounds like. All i can think is we must have been tuning and compensating with the V E tables for the fuel pumps going out for a long time because Brian had the tune dead on when you look at the logs the corection was +/- 2 and mostly 0 thats why we couldnt figure it out. Now maybe if we had had the inj. duty cycle being recorded it might have shown up there but we didnt get that up date untill we got to Renolds. But it was diong it on 160lb inj. to.

Well... I'm glad you found the problem regardless of what it took to get there.

Hope the good luck continues!

What Rear gear are you going to run this year in the 9"...? I switched down

to 3:25's.... Since I was at 6000rpm by the 1000ft mark at 133mph.

I want to go back to 3.25s that came with my 9'' but cant fine any after market gears lower than 3.50s The 3.25 must have been run low on oil they were in bad shape. I had to rebuild the hole thing i used the STRANGE alum senter and gears. But i think the MOSER alum senter is stronger but didnt find out about it until afterwards.

Several companys make them now..> I just got my set from Motive Gear.

You can order a set from Summit. F890325 PN#

Hope that helps,
Scott

Just took that Part # to Andre at Advance Auto and he can get them thanks.:)