Have LD5 out of 87 buick lesabre... a few questions...

pd411

Hey all, I have a LD5 out of a 87 Buick lesabre that i plan to swap into a different car but i want to mod it up before i put it in. I was wondering how much different is the nationals LC2 from the LD5? I know the stroke and bore are bigger... But will mods that bolt onto the LC2 bolt on to an LD5?

Hey all, I have a LD5 out of a 87 Buick lesabre that i plan to swap into a different car but i want to mod it up before i put it in. I was wondering how much different is the nationals LC2 from the LD5? I know the stroke and bore are bigger... But will mods that bolt onto the LC2 bolt on to an LD5?

If you are planning on putting it in a RWD car.... be aware... there are no motor mounts on the side of a FWD block like it's RWD cousin.... you'll have to devise another way to mount the motor... like a midplate or something...

The FWD motors are notoriously much stronger stock than our motors... some of the later FWD stuff has been deep into the 9's on a stock shortblock...... pistons and all...

I am fairly certain the bore and stroke would be the same..... however.... probably no parts will interchange. I am fairly certain the FWD motors have a different deck height..... making rod lenght and/or pin height on the pistons different. Heads are also different.

Good Luck.