Have Kenne Bell air dam, how to improve it?

dustintinsley

Ok, so I just picked up a 87 GN. It has the Kenne Bell air dam installed on it. It has the the canister around the filter and the tubing with the spiral wire (no clue proper name for this piping, looks almost like what would go on a dryer vent) running from the air dam below the bumper to the canister and then that same piping going into the intake. how can i improve this setup? i do like the look of the dam itself, not a fan of the tubing used in the engine bay. can i just remove the tubing and install and good cold air intake? that way i can keep the dam installed even though it would not actually be functional or is there a better method?

Remember that was old school. You can do what you want. I personally would remove the tubing and go with a nice pipe and cone filter. Ram air is kinda useless on a turbo car IMO.

I have a kb air dam. I removed the air filter canister but left the hose running from the air dam up to the air filter area

image.jpeg
I made my own maf pipe for the same setup.

I took the canister off and tee'ed the hoses together and ran the passenger hose up to the turbo to help cool it.
I knew it was doing something because I had the cowl gasket off the firewall and it would fog the windows on cool nights.

Remember that was old school. You can do what you want. I personally would remove the tubing and go with a nice pipe and cone filter. Ram air is kinda useless on a turbo car IMO.
I thought sucking cool air from outside the car was a good thing.