Have a couple of questions if anyone can help

3.8L V-8 eater

Ok, I just got my scan master 2.1 and was reading through the expanded display modes. When I hit the mode button on the left it takes me in order from air flow (AF)...... to cross counts (CC). After that it jumps to MAL bypassing injector pulse width (PL) and spark advance (SP) Is this normal????

Also, when I went for a drive and came back I wanted to check to see what my my worse degree of retard was while it was in record mode. It told me my o2 readings and degree of retard timing, but the MPH it gave me was 36. It doesn't go into record mode until the TPS voltage hits 3.00 how could this be???

Last question, I have been getting a "service engine soon" light that keeps coming on and going off sometimes it stays on a few seconds other times longer. My EGR valve is disconnected and the Malfunction code comes up 32 which is correct. No other codes come up even though my service engine soon light is coming on. Will the scan master not be able to tell me what that is because it can only show one problem at a time???

Hope someone can chime in and shed some light on this. Thanks!!