have a 86 GP Aero.....

A

Az-Aero

just found this site, pretty cool........I have a bone stock
all original 86 Grand Prix aero model. A little sunbaked from
the AZ sun, but I plan on starting to restore it this year.
I may have some questions in the future. thanks....dg

thanks....

Just curious, can anyone tell me about what
these cars are worth right now ? I know the market
is hard to pin down, but maybe a scale of 1-10
maybe what they seem to be selling for ?
Id say mines about a 5-6 (10 being perfect)
Its all original, rust free Az car, with factory paint
and very Un-molested. Most repairs needed due to
the heat and the sun....
thanks...DG

I just saw one today with ~50,000 miles and very good shape for $8,500. But that seems a little high.

I always thought they would be worth more than a Monte SS, but even with a zillion of them around, the Monte are still more valuable. The 2+2 will bring about 75% of a similar condition Monte, IMO.

When I had mine, I always assumed it was a equivalanet to a Monte SS, but I later found out it doesn't have the same engine or rear axle ratio. This left the 2+2 about a 0.8 sec slower in the 1/4 mile. I would at least want to upgarde to the L69(?) engine and 3.73 rear.

Actually, I never like the Chevy motor in the Pontiac car.

Parts can be hard to find. Without a good website and message board, there's no place for 2+2 owners to converge on the internet. I had hope that the guys at www.montecarloss.com would adopt the 2+2, but whenever I visit, they seem to be arguing whether or not non-SS monte owners should be allowed to post. The administrator even threatened to ban them. :( I don't go there like I used to. The SS owners seeem to have a Napoleon complex. When I do post, I pretend I have a SS. :p

I see

seems like the same thing I see between the Mustang and Cougar guys, and with values too.
Late model collector cars values seem to be on the rise so far in general which is a nice trend.
I dont think people are buying them for their speed or performance anyway, but mostly for the history aspect of it all.
If history taught us anything from the Nascar style street cars from the 60s ( with the Talladagas and Superbirds ) then in 10 or so years both of these GMs cars should demand some serious collectability and values should be way up.
...like any car, they are only worth what someones willing to pay for it.
thanks.,......DG

The MCSS Aerocoupes arent exactly numbered in the *zillions* lol....6,252 total...pales to the 2+2 but not common.

Sounds like you have a real nice one there, being an AZ clean car, unmolested/original...there was one on www.g-body.org a couple years ago that the owner swapped in a 502(Chevy motor, oh well ;) ) and 6 speed, did some autocrossing with it(dunno on mods)....sounded like one badass machine.

I had hope that the guys at www.montecarloss.com would adopt the 2+2, but whenever I visit, they seem to be arguing whether or not non-SS monte owners should be allowed to post. The administrator even threatened to ban them. I don't go there like I used to. The SS owners seeem to have a Napoleon complex. When I do post, I pretend I have a SS.

That sounds like it happened awhile ago, some non SS owners made a ruckus I believe...some SS owners do have a *complex* I guess but thats in the vast minority, similar(I believe) to GN owners. Alot of non SS people showing up though, and some *SS owners* like myself now have really nice non SS's, as finding one of those in nice shape is harder than finding a nice SS, especially in the rust belt. One owner of a clean slightly modded SS bought a LS to swap a LS1/T-56 he owns into :p. There is at least a couple people who own 2+2's who have posted and a host of GP owners...since it seems to be the primary *non TR* g-body message board.

Originally posted by PaulBZ65
Sounds like you have a real nice one there, being an AZ clean car, unmolested/original...there was one on www.g-body.org a couple years ago that the owner swapped in a 502(Chevy motor, oh well ;) ) and 6 speed, did some autocrossing with it(dunno on mods)....sounded like one badass machine.

Is this the one that you are talking about?

'86 GP 2 + 2 with 502

This is a very nice GP that was modified very correctly and proffessionally :) .

Im a member on both boards, have both cars and alota people here should know me and i kno a bit of people on that board too. The only thing ive seen them argue about is a guy who had a replica Aerocoupe monte that he was very angry with

too many projects

I may be selling my 86 here in the near future.....
I just have too many projects.....I have pics if anyones
interested in a nice orig rust free Arizona car....dg