Has anyone ever converted a TR to a manual tranny?

Sinical

I know all the reasons why one shouldn't do it but I still wonder if it's been done with the LC2 still underhood? Anyone know if this has happened? Any pics? Thanks.

BTW: I'm not looking to do it but the thought of a manual GN does appeal to me.

Im not looking to debate it, I just want to know if it has been done or not. I've never seen one and am genuinely curious. That's all I'm asking for here. I'm not asking if it's better/worse/faster/slower/will stop earth's gravitational pull/rape small children and farm animals.

I'm not some n00b troll, just a TR guy asking other TR guys for a simple YES or NO answer?:confused:

It seems that the ones who tried it didnt like the results. Thats all I know from past posts?? Not a favorite of the guys here! ;) ;)

No reason to get so defensive:eek:

Don't know if it's ever been done......

LOL, I didnt mean to come like that it's just something that I always wonder and whenever it' brought up in conversation it's dismissed out of hand.

I know that there are alot of downfalls to this but that's never stopped people before. lol

Im not looking to debate it, I just want to know if it has been done or not. I've never seen one and am genuinely curious. That's all I'm asking for here. I'm not asking if it's better/worse/faster/slower/will stop earth's gravitational pull/rape small children and farm animals.

I'm not some n00b troll, just a TR guy asking other TR guys for a simple YES or NO answer?:confused:

YES! :)

btw I did do a search for "manual swap" and 1 thread came up that had 10 posts. That was it. :)

The only two I know of for sure are the one that Hotrod (or one of the other magazines) did an article on way back in the 90's, and the Stage II powered Corvette that antong (on the old gnttype mailing list) road raced.

IIRC, someone put a manual tranny in their GN and hated it - the car didn't perform nearly as well as it did with the auto.

I would love to have a manual tranny in the GN, it'd be very fun to drive, I just don't think a lot of time has been spent in the R&D of a worthwhile conversion that will match up well with our cars. No one likes to be the guinea pig, especially when most people think "If it aint broke, dont fix it".

I had read about the Hot Rod one but wasn't that a hot-air car?

grapes.jpg