Has anybody cleaned the seatbelts before?

THE BLACK MAMBA

I just in stalled my new carpet and seats and i notice that my seatbelts are very dirty....has anybody ever cleaned theres to make it look new? I want to try cleaning them first before i buy some good used ones....thanks Mike

My old TA had gold interior. The seat belts looked really dirty. I pulled them out all the way and put a clamp on the them so they didn't roll back. Took some cloth interior spray and soaked them. Used a scrub brush on them a few minutes later. They came out much cleaner looking. Not perfect but way better.

Best avenue, if you can, is pull them out, bag the retractors, and scrub and powerwash them. Not too harsh of chemical, think carpet cleaner, brush from both sides and both directions, powerwash from both directions, not too close as you can damage them from the pressure.

Second best is scrub and wet vac or scrub and dry with clean dry towel to pull moisture/dirt out. This method will require multiple rinse and repeats if they are bad. But you'd be surprised at what can be done with proper cleaner and proper execution.