harness question

1dollardog

Are we there yet?
What is the easiest (and correct) way to wire the gn harness to a stock fuse block on a hybrid if they are not compatable. In other words how do I get power to the engine? Getting power to the starter is easy but how about everything else?

Wiring diagram

This should be all the wires you need to hook up. Good luck. Remember to have a light installed where the "Service Engine Soon" lamp is drawn, or no charge from the alternator!

Attachments

• GN motor wiring.jpg
    GN motor wiring.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 392
Ok I am a layman and don't read wireing diagrams so help me talk myself through this please. Looks like there are 3 hot wires comming into this, right? I assume that the hot wires are connecting into the wireing harness plug, right? That would be the second largest box on the diagram with "off,acc,run,start,off,start,off,acc,start" right? So what I have to do is get a fusable hot wire to these 3 locations indicated on the plug, right? Let me know if this sounds correct and then tell me what I need to do next. Thanks alot

Ok I got home and looked at the pigtail plug that plugs into the fuse box on the firewall. There are 12 prongs on the plug. I found 2 hot wires and 1 that goes to the starter. If you touch either of the hot wires to the wire that goes to the starter it will turn the engine (as it should). If you are looking at the prong side of the pigtail you have 4 prongs across the top. Of these 4 the third from the left is for the starter and the last in that row is hot. The next row has 1 prong at the far right. The 3rd row has 2 prongs and the first of these is hot. There are 2 more rows of prongs below this. (I hope this is ringing a bell with some one that can help me with it). Can someone tell me which of the remaining prongs need to be "hot" in order to fire the engine? Or it might be easier to tell me which doesn't need to be hot. Easy right? not for me.

Anybody out there that can talk me through this?:smile: I've got everything wired up and I'm standing here with the pigtail end of the harness that plugs into the fuse block. What do I do now to get the voltage to where it needs to go? I've found 2 prongs on the pigtail that are hot and the prong to the starter. What now?
Thanks

Maybe these will help finding the wires. Use the connector key and wire colors to identify the wires I drew out above. Example: C100 A7 "White wire" goes to the tach.

As far as the to rectangular boxes in the diagram, the upper one is labeled "keyswitch". The keyswitch is the factory keyswitch in your car. Identify the wires on the keyswitch (HOT Only in "RUN" Position, HOT while cranking, and Start). These wires will then go from the wires you just identified, to a fuse block (factory or aftermarket). Now fuse each wire individually as shown.

Hope this clears things up. (oh and I am assuming this is a '86/87 harness)

Attachments

• C100 Connector 1.jpg
    C100 Connector 1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 305
  • C100 Connector 2.jpg
    C100 Connector 2.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 322
  • C437 Connector.jpg
    C437 Connector.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 278
Check to see the the wire colors are the same. if so, give it a shot. Should be the same basic principal.

Maybe these will help finding the wires. Use the connector key and wire colors to identify the wires I drew out above. Example: C100 A7 "White wire" goes to the tach.

As far as the to rectangular boxes in the diagram, the upper one is labeled "keyswitch". The keyswitch is the factory keyswitch in your car. Identify the wires on the keyswitch (HOT Only in "RUN" Position, HOT while cranking, and Start). These wires will then go from the wires you just identified, to a fuse block (factory or aftermarket). Now fuse each wire individually as shown.

Hope this clears things up. (oh and I am assuming this is a '86/87 harness)

hey keith,
this is brian I bought a bunch of gn parts off you earlier this year,
I have a question, since you have a rx7 conversion, and that what I'm doing an 88' one, can you help me out on the ign wires, I see your diagrams and thats a great help, but I need the wiring colors and location on the rx7 to connect them to ,if you could help me in this area would be a big help,i'm using the factory gn harness that has already been hacked up for a hybrid, some of the factory connectors are already missing, thats the way i received it
thanks brian pm me if you need my email
thanks again