harness causing dead battery

turbobooster

the battery on my car has been drained twice and leaves me with a dead battery awhile ago the front right hand side of my car got hit damaging fender header panel and bumper but all has been replace now... i remember that after that incident the next day my battery was dead ( keep in mind i never had an issue with my battery) and i dont know y so i ended up getting a new battery because that other one was completely bad (warranty covered it) well the battery held up good always charged no problems and at that time i didnt have my wiring harnes with the connectors plug into front headlights or parking lights connectors were just hangin freely so then i decide to finally plug everything in to see if everything was still in working order, and it was so i left them that way but a week later my battery was completly dead so i go get it charged up again and install it run the car for a bit then a week later which is today i go to fire it up and low and behold the damn battery is dead again wtf? i dont get im sure i have a short somewhere but i dont know where to start all i know is this started happening since the car got hit and since ive plug the light harness connestors where they belong can any of u guys help me out? maybe someone out there has experienced this before? thanx guys:mad:

I'd start by unhooking the + battery terminal. Then bridge the end of the cable you just unhooked to the battery with a known good testlight.

If the light lights,something is on. Pull fuses and watch for the light to go out. Unplug that connection you mentioned,and see if the light goes out.

If you have a stereo,the memory function will be a small drain. So pull that fuse out and leave it out.

I'd disconnect the ECM at the battery and leave it unhooked. Then go thru all of the unplugging process.

Steve. '87 GN,t-tops. Stock with Powerlogger.

do i disconnect and bridge the positive or negative ? i dont have a radio hooked up so that cant b the problem this might b a dumb question but how do i disconnect the ecm at the battery?

Positive (+) battery cable. Disconnect the ECM at the battery by unplugging the orange wire.

ok i disconnected the ecm and bridged the positive cable and the light does not turn on so does that mean that nothing is on and there shouldnt b a reason y my battery is draining rite? i did all this with nothing on an no keys in the ignition right?

ok so the test light doesnt come heres the thing though wen i hook up the positive cable first and then go to connect the negative cable second there is a tiny little spark right before making contact there shouldnt b any kind of spark right ? if there is it means i have a short but wen i bridge the 2 together there is no light so what is going on with that tiny spark do u guys get any kind of spark wen u touch the negative cable to the battery with the positive already hooked up?

Theirs always going to be a little draw at the battery(Spark) since the radio takes 12v for memory.Once a battery goes dead their usually gone,Unless its a gelcell.Check the battery first charge it for a couple of hours on low,(Not connected to the car)then turn the charger off and check the voltage.If the battery is bad the voltage will drop fast.Maybe the day of the accident you left a light on or something that drained the battery?Good luck