Harley Sportster XL1200S STORZ XR-750 kit - Racer look-a-like

BAD87GN

I know you guys are into other toys too, so check this one out.

This is a 2001 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Sport that has been converted to vintage Harley XR-750 flattrack race bike styling with parts from Storz Performance. Paging through the Storz catalog at STORZ PERFORMANCE MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES, you'll find that the price of the parts used in the conversion nearly exceed the buy it now price for this entire bike!

Has XR style fiberglass tail, seat and pad with taillight and license plate holder, alloy gas tank, Pingel petcock, rear-set footpegs and shift / brake levers with reverse shift, Sun laced rims 18" front and rear, steering dampner kit, 55MM inverted Storz Ceriani forks in satin with matching fork trees, S&S carb and intake, Supertrapp high mount 2:2 exhaust, custom exhaust heat shield, mirrors with integrated front turn signals, braided front brake lines for the dual discs, 883R handlebars, adjustable WP Works Performance rear shocks, high-end Metzeler tires front and rear, Scott Parker autographed 9x GNC number plate, very nice vintage H-D race team paint, and certainly more that I am missing. Bike has also been dyno tuned by a Harley dealer to 67 HP and 71 ft lbs torque.

The bike is in almost immaculate condition and is ready for any show. The one issue is that the black paint right at the gas cap opening on the tank is starting to bubble and peel - so if you want it perfect, it will need re-prepped and painted (just the top black panel on the tank). This bike started with a bone stock XL1200S, the Sportster Sport, which was the performance oriented Sportster, with dual plug heads, adjustable suspension, dual front discs, etc. At 230 miles, the Storz conversion was done. The bike has never been wrecked, salvaged, etc. - many of these conversions are done on wrecked bikes, but not this one, so it is as straight and tight as can be. Motor has never been apart or modified. Runs and rides perfectly, everything works, and this bike gets looks everywhere it goes. If you want one of the nicest Storz conversion bikes at an incredible price, this is it! Have the vintage race bike look with the comfort and reliability of a modern Sportster!

Pics at:
eBay Motors: Harley-Davidson : Sportster (item 260270634613 end time Aug-13-08 12:50:22 PDT)

I'm not a huge fan of HD but I absolutely LOVE your bike! That flat tracker style really appeals to me. I'm a metric bike rider (Kaw '04 ZRX 1200R and Kaw '72 H2 750 Triple). Bet that's a blast to ride! Good luck with the sale and bump to the top for ya'! :smile:

xr.jpg

Here's what a real one looks like! I raced this bike all over the midwest back in the early 90's

just fr you johndeeregn

Never mind the bum that just HAD to get in the picture!! Seriously, me and my H2 from a couple months ago at the overlook on Tail of the Dragon/ Deal's Gap. I did all the work on this bike excluding the paintwork including full motor rebuild (.060 over Wisecos)

Nor tyng to hyjack the thread... another bump TTT.:biggrin:

Attachments

• Deals%20Gap%202008%20034.jpg
    Deals%20Gap%202008%20034.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 5,307
Thanks for the responses - the pics are great, too. I love my GN, but the two wheels are an awful lot of fun!

750 widow maker :) , Power band like a turbo. Very nice bike. My brother in law had one. That was one fast bike.
ring a ding ding ding. I still remember the sound. Well let me go clean out my pants. Yep I remember it well !!!

David

The thing that made the XR's stand out and look so damned good was the matching cylinders, the twin carbs on one side, the exhaust on the other. I check Ebay quite often for 83-84 XR 1000's but they are selling for astronimcal prices. I remember the dealer offering two to my father for $6,000 in 84, he couldn't move the big bikes back then, let alone the Sportsters. I'd sport an XR 1000 though, sign me up for a gray one.