Hardtop value??

Did anyone get the e-mail about his "PRIVATE" auction ? I like this part of it the best
"You must make at least one bid per day unless you are currently the high bidder. If you do not make a bid then I will consider you are no longer interested in the vehicle for whatever reason and will drop you out of the bidding process"

Is he kiddin :rolleyes: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

I put that in there so that people don't just sit it out till the last minute and pull the rug out from the folks that have put their money where their mouth is. Now, if it is an unfair rule, I would like to know why you think so.

The private auction is simply a way for the folks interested in the car to get an honest shot at her purchase. That is all I am trying to accomplish with it.

Regards,

Xenawise

I put that in there so that people don't just sit it out till the last minute and pull the rug out from the folks that have put their money where their mouth is. Now, if it is an unfair rule, I would like to know why you think so.

The private auction is simply a way for the folks interested in the car to get an honest shot at her purchase. That is all I am trying to accomplish with it.

Regards,

Xenawise

If 7 people start bidding the first day and need to increase their bids by 500.00 each per day I don't think you'll have too many bidders.

Most people that bid in auction format (if smart)wait until the end to place their bids.

If you want an auction,just put it on e-bay. It seems to be working :D

What happened to this quote you made ??

" So, anyone that is still interested in the car please send me a PM and lets get in touch. I am cutting off accepting new folks into the fray Sunday, so all that have talked to me or PMed me by then will be able to get a shot at owning the car.

Once Monday comes, I will look over the offers I have and let everyone know where the offer stands. I want to give everyone the chance to meet or beat the offer. Just trying to be as fair as I can. But I think whomever gives the best offer will get to take the car home. I don't want any personal feelings to get involved with this and I honestly have some personal feelings about this whole thing at this point."

Ok, I do see your point. Perhaps $500 is too high a value to bump up the bid, Maybe $100 is a more reasonable value.

I though about putting it up on ebay, but honestly I did not to attract that much attention to the car and I am interested in where the car will end up. I really don't want to sell the car to someone who will just try to flip it. I want someone to purchase the car that really wants the car. I have talked to several folks over the past days and week and they know the mindset I have for the sale of the car so it should really be no surprise to them.

As far as that quote, that is what I was thinking at the time I made it. After thinking it over, and talking to folks interested in the cars purchase, I made the decision to sell it this way to give everyone a fair chance.

Thank you for your input though. I am in no way an expert at this and in fact appreciate the advice. I don't sell cars for a living and since this is a rare car within the arena of people who know and care about them I want to give this small community every chance to at least get their hand in the chance at owning her.

Also, I did put in the rules:

"These rules are subject to change if based on feedback from the bidders that a rule or rules is not in the interest of fairness. I am simply interested in making this as fair a process as I can to all the interested parties who would like purchase the vehicle."

Regards,

Xenawise

tta

What other rules are going to apply? First you said the best offer by the weekend would own the car and now this crap. 500 a day per bidder is a joke. Have you ever sold anything on ebay? Apparently not. And it looks like you won't either. What's your reserve going to be? 1,000,000,000,000, in kugarants, Good luck selling it. You have one less bidder to worry about. I would rather buy from someone who is straight forward and won't change their minds every time it suits them.

Why not just put it on ebay and make the bidding for pre-approved bidders only. Then you can just approve the people who you have already spoken to and anyone else who meets your criteria?

Either way, if its on ebay , the person who wants to pay the most will end up with it. Whether they bid the first day or the last minute. This whole bidding every day thing is just not right.

Twin, I don't think this Hardtop is right for you? Its over your "maximum mileage" amount that your garage allows :)

post a pic of the new saleen when it shows up.

Why not just put it on ebay and make the bidding for pre-approved bidders only. Then you can just approve the people who you have already spoken to and anyone else who meets your criteria?

Either way, if its on ebay , the person who wants to pay the most will end up with it. Whether they bid the first day or the last minute. This whole bidding every day thing is just not right.

Twin, I don't think this Hardtop is right for you? Its over your "maximum mileage" amount that your garage allows :)

post a pic of the new saleen when it shows up.

It's not for me because of the seller also. I think he lost quite a few potential buyers. I'll find the right , low mileage H/T one day :cool:

The Cobra/Saleen Vert should be here next week :D

confused: Has anyone heard any news from the "Private Auction"?

He must have realized it wasn't going to go like he had planned. Can't imagine why ? We are not talking about an ultra low mileage H/T TT/A here. When one comes up that is perfect with under 2k,I'll be bidding no matter where it is.

Current bid is $26,300 as of Wed at 9:22AM (Pacific).

Under 2K mile TTA Hardtop. I only know of one. A few are in the 4K mile range.

- Dave

Auction

I am new to this sight. I came upon it from the guy I purchased my TTA from. Seems to have alot if info for the turbo community. But I must say this so called auction is a joke. First it is for sale to best offer by monday. Aparently that didn't work. So now it is a private auction that no one is a part of. Who is monitoring the sale, The seller?????? When I was looking for a TTA I found one advertized , Spoke to the owner and sent him out a check and had the car delivered. It was car #908 and it came in nicer than he described. This is how business is handled. I am a licenced car dealer in Pa and buy hundreds of cars a year. There are plenty of collector cars out there to purchase out there without dealing with this BS!!!!!
Just my 2cents!!!!!!

Yes, I was refering to TwinVipers comment about finding a "under 2K mile" TTA Hardtop.

- Dave

TTA hardtop auction

Hello to all
I tend to agree with all of you gentlemen about how this auction was run. I won't go into the details but it was not done properly. I was the under bidder and the winning bid was accepted after 11:59 pm. Go figure :confused:
I am still looking to buy a hardtop TTA. If anyone is willing to sell theirs or can give me a referral, I would sure appreciate it.
Have a great day :smile:
Vic
svprice810@aol.com