Hard start

Lobsterbak

need more money
Hey guys,

Just finished my build last night...

Used Mark's Super Extreme Intercooler and 3" downpipe, Alky Control, TT 6.0, 60lb Injectors, Powerlogger, Billet Vac block etc...

When I try to start the car, I need to press the gas pedal down to get it running...Noid light is flashing with pedal up, doesn't seem bright but it may be the cheap light I bought. Bright blue spark. NOS Coil/Module that worked fine when car was parked 6 months ago. New cam sensor, set correctly (was 180 out my first time around...).

When I first tried to start to it with the cam sensor out of whack there was no RPM signal on the powerlogger/scanmaster/tach...is this normal?

My MAF pipe is kinda loose at the moment until I get to NAPA in a few hours for my belt and I can get some clamps...could it be as simple as that? Or am I looking at something bigger here?

Thanks

Ok...fixed the MAF pipe, still no different. Went looking for some carb cleaner or something to check for leaks, missing:rolleyes: Judging by my numbers, there isn't a significant leak anywhere.

Heres my PL numbers

BLM 141
INT 128
CLT 165
RPM 875
Volt 13.6
L8 31
AF 6
ATS 93
TPS .46
IAC 34
CC 30-200+
PU 2.0
SP 27.5
02 490
MAP 66
Vac 10
Oil PSI 27lbs

Car needs help to get started (press gas pedal), but sometimes will fire right up. Off idle it seems to run great, no stumbling etc while on the gas, just a crap idle. Motor sounds normal, but it's kinda hard to hear with only the downpipe installed.

Haven't driven the car yet as back brakes are still off. Any ideas as to what my start/idle issue is?

Ok...fixed the MAF pipe, still no different. Went looking for some carb cleaner or something to check for leaks, missing:rolleyes: Judging by my numbers, there isn't a significant leak anywhere.

Heres my PL numbers

BLM 141
INT 128
CLT 165
RPM 875
Volt 13.6
L8 31
AF 6
ATS 93
TPS .46
IAC 34
CC 30-200+
PU 2.0
SP 27.5
02 490
MAP 66
Vac 10
Oil PSI 27lbs

Car needs help to get started (press gas pedal), but sometimes will fire right up. Off idle it seems to run great, no stumbling etc while on the gas, just a crap idle. Motor sounds normal, but it's kinda hard to hear with only the downpipe installed.

Haven't driven the car yet as back brakes are still off. Any ideas as to what my start/idle issue is?

No expert here but from what i see by the numbers you have posted.

The blm's are high,should be + or - 10 of 128

TPS is at the max number of the normal limit

vac is a bit low, normal is 12 to 17 for stock engine

Thanks.

I lowered the TPS back down to .42, no difference. Before when the car was practically stock, it held around 12-13 inces of vac...now, its 7-10. I've checked everything for leaks with carb cleaner and couldn't find anything so I'm thinking the crappy idle is the issue there.

I rechecked the cam sensor and it starts a little better, but still idles like poo. Off idle, throttle response is great. Maybe an issue with the chip? I have a PL log Ill upload when I get home.