Hard Start problem??

Darkside

I have been driving my car around town lately and noticed that gradually over about a weeks time that my car has started to run rough and was getting hard to start. The best way I can describe it, is that the car acts like it is starving for gas when i try to start it, it takes about 3 tries to start. I checked the plugs, which were AC delco CR43TS, and they were fouled. The plugs look like they have soot on them. I changed the plugs and the car started right up, then after about 2 days the car started to run rough again. I changed the coil with another known good coil, no change. I also changed the cam sensor with a spare one that I had and nothing has changed, except the starter seems to turn over faster when I changed the sensor. I changed the plugs back to the AC R44T plugs and the car was still hard to start. I have checked all the vacuum lines and have even changed a few of them. When I changed the plugs to the stock type of plug, I not iced blue smoke coming from my tailpipes, when I rev the motor the smoke just billows out of the pipes? I probably have less than 500 miles on new timing chain and new valve seals. The motor itself has about 60,000 original miles on it and the engines seals were changed the same time the timing chain was changed. I do have some exhaust leaks, would exhaust leaks cause my plugs to be fouled? My O2 sensor is a fairly new bosch, maybe 150 miles. I do have a T-Link and did not notice anything out of the ordinary beside a lean condition(BLM's and O2 counts seemed normal), which I believe is from exhaust leaks? Any ideas? I mainly can't figure out why it is , so hard to start, even when I first change the plugs?

If you are still having the trouble after trying all the suggestions above, then try an AC/Delco O2 sensor. I read that you have a fairly new Bosch but I haven't had good results with them.

Even if it is a know good used one (from the same guy that loaned the MAF) will let you know if it is the problem.

Is it possible that your crank sensor is not correctly adjusted. I managed to screw that up after I replaced my chain. Hard to start, it ran rough and smoked. Re-adjusted using caspers tool and no more problem.