Happen last fall but kinda funny...

hrhoward

Go Team Venture!!!
Alright, I am at my Internet service provider (bar with wi-fi) and I'm a bit board at the moment. So I shall recall a tale from last fall.

Ok so I'm on my way to work taking the same route I have for the last eight years. Almost there, just two more lights to go, taking a draw or two from my coffee, having a smoke, listening to NPR. Lo and behold this Civic pulls up next to me, I hear it before I see it. Standard cheesy rice, lowered, ground effects, hood pins, a-pillar gages, three different colors, etc... Well, I got a good little giggle out of the spectacle.

He must be watching the lights cycling and started revving it (holy crap, did I piss off the bees in my trunk?). He got the jump on me because of his lightning quick reaction time and the fact I needed to put my coffee in the cup holder, needed both hands free to make my counter measures effective. The Civic is now two whole car lengths in front of me and banging through the gears as is evident by the front end lifting and the back end nearly bottoming out. I have my work cut out for me.

I gently roll into the accelerator, don't want to shake anything loose in my car. It's old ya know. I start to catch him!! I'm gaining on him, not an easy task mind you but I am confident in my ride. Neck and neck now and still pulling on the import-tuner! Foot is all the way into now and I start pulling away and get two car lengths back on him and let off, my turn is coming up.

At that point I reach down and grab my coffee. Ahh!! The sweet taste of victory. As he does his predictable fly-by I lift my cup to him but alas, he doesn't notice.

I pull into the parking lot of where I work, get out and start walking in and pause to look back at the 1990 Ford Taurus that just handed the Civic-pro-mod it's ass. Then I busted out laughing.....

ahahahahahahah!!! now i see why you were worried about flooring it...it was a ford:p

i also thought it would be weird for a buick to have cup holders:D i should have known better:(

dear god, ricers are so pathetic. i still don't understand what they find so appealing about taking a really slow econo-box like a civic and putting a bunch of gaudy/tacky appearance mods on it and making it really loud and annoying. its like they try to combine all the worst automotive traits they can in one vehicle. wtf? to their credit, i guess they usually don't intend for their car to be really really slow... they're always "saving up for that b-20 turbo swap" or whatever. yeah, you might be able to afford it if you didn't waste so much time and money on making your car look and sound like ass, whilch has the effect of making it an easy target for people like us who like to pick on them and make them realize how truly sad and pathetic they are.

I love the Rice at the Track. up on the two step then the Big Bog.

Makes me chuckle even thinking about it.

I always let the Civics get out ahead at the track and pass em at twice their speed by the 1/8th...:)

Civic Pro Mod.... LMAO

Was it at least a Taurus SHO??? If we are talking about the standard engine family sedan, the ricers have reached a new low. In either case excellent kill.

Nope, not a SHO!! Just a plain white Taurus with a blue interior and a mighty 3.0 V6!! :D :D

I still have it. It's been sitting in my driveway for over 6 months now. Had a leaking evaporator and heater core. The dash had to come out but until gas prices went nuts I had no real motivation to get it back together.

Nope, not a SHO!! Just a plain white Taurus with a blue interior and a mighty 3.0 V6!! :D :D

You probably could have beaten him on a bicycle.:rolleyes:

Rice gives me indigestion.
icon_dualpuke.gif