Hallman pro boost controller install

black87national

What's going on guys.

Finally got around to messing with my gn. Just hooked up new boost gauge and previous owner has set to 10lbs. After researching am going to purchase the Hellman pro and set to 15 lbs. I have read to set rod to 1/8 tension but not really further detail on exactly what to do and how. Was curious if anyone has step by step instructions on how to install this including vacuum hose install to controller. Thanks.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Do you at least have a Scanmaster or some other means of monitoring knock retard and other engine vitals?

No scanmaster yet I was told 15lbs on premium fuels is no problem without anything else. I am not beating on car on track etc. just looking for little extra when driving around

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I hear you. If you've spent any time browsing this site you will find a scantool of some sort is a required piece of equipment even if you plan to stay at stock boost levels. Add to that a fuel pump and hotwire kit is also considered required upgrades to avoid engine damage.

I'm not too familiar with the Hallman unit but I believe most Manual Boost Controllers gets installed in the same basic manner as described below.
hallmanprorxdiagram.jpg

Good luck!