had a crazy no start problem today

crazygn

10's here i come
the car would just turn over and not start today, so i spayed starter fluid in the tb , nothing, i put a screw driver in the plug wire and had it light me up[ my arm still fells funny lol] , i pulled the plug and sprayed starter fluid in the plug hole its self and it fired right up and ran.

i dont get it, it had spark, and i would think it had fuel to stay running after it fired up, how is this, why would the fluid make the car run and stay running. i had 40psi fuel pressure when it turns over.
do you under stand what iam trying to say here , i could use some help on this one.

thanks

My guess would be that the fluid wasn't what started the car, that it was just coincidental. As to why it wouldn't start? I dunno, intermittent problems are very hard. Is it still running OK?

yes its still starting up, but it seems like the longer it sits the harder it is to start.

Probably fuel related. You may have a leak in one of your lines causing pressure to bleed off and causing a re-prime problem. Could even be an in-tank problem. I know you said you had fuel psi when cranking, maybe a bad connection in the injector harness. I've seen them get pinched in the module bracket. HTH

i have off friday so i think i'll check it out good, make sure it starts when i get up.