gutting the combo valve

Rocket Power

I did a search for gutting the proportioning valve and came up with only one hit. It didn't explain what exactly you need to do. Can someone shed some light on this before I put my wilwood rear discs in.

Thanks a lot!:)

proportioning valve is......

a delay valve, it holds off applying the front brakes until there is pressure from the rear brakes, ( usually 2-3 lbs) as you know the disc have little ,or no gap to make up, where as the rear drum brakes have a small gap,or clearance to take up before they apply, so the valve holds off until all brakes apply evenly.
the front brakes on most cars are designed to do about 60% of the braking, more or less.
gutting the valve? just remove it, and plumb directly. contact wilwood for advice on the master cyl size etc.

a delay valve, it holds off applying the front brakes until there is pressure from the rear brakes, ( usually 2-3 lbs) as you know the disc have little ,or no gap to make up, where as the rear drum brakes have a small gap,or clearance to take up before they apply, so the valve holds off until all brakes apply evenly.
the front brakes on most cars are designed to do about 60% of the braking, more or less.
gutting the valve? just remove it, and plumb directly. contact wilwood for advice on the master cyl size etc.

I am aware of the function of the combo valve and that is why I want to gut. The reason being is I am trying to retain the stock lines for originality purposes. The best bet for me would be to run the one front line into my line loc, and then the two lines to the fronts from there. Then run the rear line through a wilwood adjustable prop valve. I may go this route yet to keep things simple. As far as the MC is concerned, I'm going to try it first and then swap it out for one from a 4 wheel disc car if it doesn't work well.

With 12.19inch 4 piston brakes in the rear and stock calipers in the front, The more pressure to the front the merrier until I get the fronts upgraded in size as well.

Thanks for the tips:cool: