Guide to purchase a turbo buick

rgcoasty

Hello I am new here and wanted to make my first contribution to the site. Many people seam to stalk this site reading and gathering info about these cars before they purchase. It a great idea! Also I must first recommend purchasing kirbans guides to turbo buicks and the guide to purchase a turbo buick. both these books are full of excellent information. The only problem is that when it comes time to look at a car to purchase, remembering all you have read is nearly impossible.

Below is a cheat sheet that is made to be a step by step guide to take to inspect a potential purchase car. There is a lot of info and looks as if it would take forever to completely go through. I ensure that it will take no more than an hour if you devote the time to it and limit the small talk with the seller.

Beware that the spelling is horrible, but this guide has helped me purchase a very good condition GN. I recommend this guide to anyone looking for a solid GN.

Here is a link to car graph. Its a site that scorers the internet for sales listings,
http://cargraph.com/usa/buick/grand-national

Hope it helps good luck hunting

Attachments

• GN buyers guide.pdf
    534.9 KB · Views: 139
Is something wrong? I noticed that the post has been deleted. I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes. I only meant to help people with a purchase of a new GN.

Nothings wrong.

Sometimes people post stuff like this...with a very low post count. I bring up post count because that equals trusts most of the time on a forum.
There are thousands of owners on this particular site and a wealth of knowledge. Helping us put a finger on a TR is likened to telling Bill Dance how to fish.

Don't take it personal. A lot of us pay close attention to what gets poted here as a form of protection for the single greatest knowledge base related to the TR and its history.

I knabbed a dude putting up a tracking site on here not too long ago similar to what you posted.

currently cutting it the F loose

Last edited:
Then why deleted the post? I'm confused. The guide would and did help me more than any book or posting with a recent purchase. It an excellent tool to get people in this community. Which in turns means more member for this forum. It only seams to benefit everyone.

We are the end all for purchasing regals. Sorry if that sounds braison.

That's not really an explanation to the deletion of the thread. But I respect the site decisions. I will stop pushing the issue.

Thank you for being a great source of information to the community. And may the GN live.

I don't delete things. I have not the privilege.

Looking at that site I can tell you it provides 1/1000 of any usable info. It can't decode RPO codes, track history, insight to condition, references, etc...its another ad gathering site.

You posted this in the how to section which is for those that wanted to show others "How I did this", not post a link. The fabrication section is for those individuals that want to show their fabrication skills of as well as show how you can make something yourself. The general section is for general tech questions about these cars, and the lounge if for stuff that's not tech. Pretty common sense rules after all.

So should I re-post to a different section? Maybe the link to all the sales listings of grand nationals in the whole country and a quick reference to assist people in the purchase of a GN does not belong in the "how to" section. Is it possible to move the post to another location in the forums?

I just know after looking and traveling literally 1000s of miles and spending $1000s of dollars just looking for a great buy. The guide is the a main reason why I didn't buy a car with a cracked body or a rust bucket or a clone or a parts car. It has a "how to" effect that can save a person a lot of heart ache in the long run.

Sorry if the post post was in the wrong location but it is useful !!

If you are using that site to make a big dollar decision...I'll leave it at that. Unless someone who knows these cars is with you its a crap shoot. Plain and simple. The price means nothing to me. I've seen (recently) sub 50k mile 84/85 TR's posted for more than $15k....some above $20k. If a site tells me that's a good buy...then there's something wrong on the world wide web. ;)

Post isn't deleted but moved to the lounge. No need to repost it. Like Dan said, we've got more than enough knowledgeable people that are willing to go with someone or check a vehicle out if you ask. Some people may use the link but most will buy a Kirbans guide and then start asking question on the board so they know they got a good deal.;) That's just the way we are. Kinda stodgy, aren't we.:ROFLMAO:

I'm not stodgy...you are Charlie.:)

3 sites give me that same info and one is classic auto trader. Yeah I have to visit three sites, but I'm not lazy....or efficient.

That make me feel better. No one told me that. I thought it was a deleted from the site completely. Well happy days for everyone.

Thanks again for the great site.

A lot of effort went into typing up that GN Buyers Guide of yours :). I'm sure someone will find it useful.

A lot of effort went into typing up that GN Buyers Guide of yours :). I'm sure someone will find it useful.
Can we get some cliff notes?
1) look it over close
2) don't spend too much
I didn't click but it sounds like with any vehicle purchase, you need to know the market and the vehicle. Not rocket science.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app