Guess the ET for my buddy!

Boostisgood

I have a friend who has a 2001 281 Saleen. He ran a couple of weeks ago at the track in San Antonio. He ran a best of 13.45 @ 107 w/ a 2.19 60' with regular street tires. He is going to Ennis Raceway this next weekend with a new pair of 26x10x16 ET STREETS. He was wondering how much faster he will run with change of tires and track. Anyone wanna make a guess for him? Thanks for any help!

Originally posted by Boostisgood
I have a friend who has a 2001 281 Saleen. He ran a couple of weeks ago at the track in San Antonio. He ran a best of 13.45 @ 107 w/ a 2.19 60' with regular street tires. He is going to Ennis Raceway this next weekend with a new pair of 26x10x16 ET STREETS. He was wondering how much faster he will run with change of tires and track. Anyone wanna make a guess for him? Thanks for any help!

I can't believe it ran that fast!:eek:

With a set of slicks it should run 12.9-13.0's

Just a guess.:D

That track in San Antonio must be one of those downhill tracks!

I can't believe that car went 13.40. He might get a 13.00 if the

car doesnt puke oil all over the track first.

Thanks for the replies! I know what yall mean.....i didnt think his car was gonna be that fast until i raced him. (With my old PT-54, stock heads and intake, street chip at 21 psi) We ran from about a 20 roll......and i just whooped him bad......6 or 7 cars to 110 mph. (BTW he is running 7 psi through that Eaton style blower) He wanted to race again......this time from a 40 roll and i could not foot brake up any boost. I was like whatever ill still beatem anyway! Naturally with no boost on hand i got a good 2 cars behind. I was so suprised that i did not catch him until about 90-100 mph......and did not pass him until 110 or so. Those damn things will start pullin hard from about 90 mph on! His first and second gear are not impressive though. I guess where he made up his time at the track is on the big end!

Normally, the ET difference is .4-.5, but for a rustang, you need a hurricane to make it run close to a Buick.
Draggin bumper Mitch