Guaging interest on complete stage 2 engine...

BLACK MAGIC RACING

formerly turbo_canuck
May be changing directions, so i may be selling my stage 2. It's complete, oil pan to plenum. Here's what it's got;

Block: 4.1 off center, casting # 25500016. NEVER damaged, only bored to 4".

Crank: Crower billett 3.625 stroke, recently freshened, .10/.10

Rods: Carillo 6.5" forged h-beam

pistons: Custom 4" bore JE from DLS engines, 9 to 1 compression

Cam: Custom Comp solid billett roller by DLS, Comp race solid roller lifters

Timing: Progear billet w/DLS thrust assembly

Timing cover: New 14 bolt GM cover, modified with Duttweiler external wet sump oil pump, and Meziere HD electric water pump.

Oil pan: Custom Stef's sheetmetal alum. wet sump pan

Balancer: BHJ internal balance

Flexplate: JW "the wheel" high inertia

Heads: Buick stage 2 "031" aluminum, oil line fed, p+p by chapman, cometic gaskets, Valves-2.08"int, 1.65"exh, recently freshened by champion

Rockers: T+D shaft, modified for standard ball/ball pushrods

Intake: Edelbrock 4 barrel converted to fuel injection by Wilson Manifolds, (injector bungs, fuel rails) Precision 100mm square bore plenum, ford style accufab 90mm throttle body, 160 lb. injectors, racetronix inj. harness.

Ignition: MSD pro billet distributor- pn# MSD-8551, MSD-8261 HVCII coil, MSD-31199 8.5 mm race plug wires.

Alternator: Bracket- 200 amp alternator with champion relocator bracket, RJC pulley.

Turbo: Precision PTE-88 mid frame. Wastegate- Tial billet external 44mm

Headers: Conley customized stainless ATR stage 2 (assembled with more clearance to plugs)

The way i figure it, i have somewhere in the neigborhood of $23-25k invested in this thing. EVERYTHING was spec'd by Dan Strezo at DLS, and was freshened just before the end of last season, where i ran it on the last day of the track being open. went EASY 9 flat all day long, on only 21-22 lbs of boost. and a fat tune of around 10.75 to 1 A/F. I'm sure once it's cranked to the turbo's sweet spot, (around 30-35 lbs) it's an easy low 8 engine. if someone were to plop down 18k, i'd yank it out and send it. any takers?

I also have tons of other stuff that could be sold with it, (RJC IC-475P megacooler, aeromotive pro series pump, controller and all braided lines, FAST system, custom caspers engine wire harness, MSD 7AL2 plus box, AMS1000 boost controller w/C02 bottles, etc,etc, etc....)