GTP round II

I agree. I "killed" my tires, only took another 5,000-7,000 miles off their lifespan. Somehow the front ones are almost perfect.

Nick

Those new GTP's are rated at 260 hp with the S/C 3.8, right? Well, the new Monte Carlo SS and the Impala SS also have a S/C 3.8 but are only rated at 240. Anybody know the difference?

I have three conclusions with the power. 1. Pontiac has a different pully for the s/c. 2. A different s/c (the web site says it is a gen 5 s/c). 3. The power has always been underated, but for marketing Pontiac claims real world numbers. But both versions make the same ammount of torque. My only guess why they did it, because the monte & impala just got the s/c and the gp has had it since 1997.

Nick

Those new GTP's are rated at 260 hp with the S/C 3.8, right? Well, the new Monte Carlo SS and the Impala SS also have a S/C 3.8 but are only rated at 240. Anybody know the difference?

The 04 GTP has the L32 with the Gen V SC. The Impala & Monte have the L67 with the Gen III SC but with the upgraded internals of the L32. Basically the Impala & Monte are a L32 just with a Gen III SC. The torque is the same becsuse its limited by the PCM. Our transaxles are pretty weak.

The new GTP's are actualy slower than the 97.5 to 03's.
It is odd considering their higher HP rating.

The GTP's are ugly. the trunk looks like they backed into something. I was checking them out and was very surprised that the GTO was only 1500 to 2000 more.

Back on Topic...I can't see the pics!!!!!!

Originally posted by toddmingnworld
DeltaT,

if my wife decided to dye her hair blond, get a breast implant & wear a mini-skirt w/no underwear I guess I would be correct in saying she'd be "acting white" and not "acting slutty"?????

If that's the case, I'd have to say send her my way!! ;) :D

J/K

Nice burnout BTW.

So far of a stretch in 'logic' that I am speechless. Like talking to a stump and expecting an intelligible response. No reply needed, nor desired.

Jim

Z06

I thought your post was fine. As a matter of fact I enjoy your posts. Keep it up, and be safe.

mike

Will post one more about killin tires sometime soon. Went to the woodward dream cruise this past week and have no rear tires left. :D Thank god it didnt rain on the way home.;)

Nick

Originally posted by DeltaT
So far of a stretch in 'logic' that I am speechless. Like talking to a stump and expecting an intelligible response. No reply needed, nor desired.

Jim

I don't know who you think you're talking too....I could care less if you do or don't desire a reply from me. When you insult me by referring to me as "stump" now i've realized just how ignorant people like you can be. I say what I damn well please, got it?!

What you or anyone feel about me or my comments DOESN'T matter. I'm not sorry I don't live in your little shuttled world where ignorance is bliss. Like the other guy said let's get back to discussing cars & what did YOU do, open your big mouth and say something to offend someone. What's your problem, man? Did you have a disturbed childhood or something?! Geez

T

Done with this part of the topic. I was lookin hard at the pictures and noticed that you can barely see the red from my tires on the pavement. It used to be super bright for my first few tire shreadings. Now not only dosnt the road turn bright red anymore, but there is barely any left on the tire.

Nick