GTA Wheels

83ttypecooled

Hi,
I just got a set of GTA rims from a friend which I would like to install on my 83 TType. They have been painted a charcoal gray, so should be nice with my black car. I am wondering, if I mount the stock P245/16 rubber , will it cause any rubbing problems on turns up front? Also, is the offset and backspacing much different than the GNX wheels have? Could I go with 255s in the rear, like the GNXs use? Are they gonna stick out like some gangsta ride would, and lead me to the flares the GNX cars use? Lastly, are there other alternative tire sizes I might look at with these rims?
The motor is back in and healthy, but my 10 year old tires suck, so I have to get new rubber before I can really drive my car.Thanks in advance for the tips.

Hi,
I just got a set of GTA rims from a friend which I would like to install on my 83 TType. They have been painted a charcoal gray, so should be nice with my black car. I am wondering, if I mount the stock P245/16 rubber , will it cause any rubbing problems on turns up front? Also, is the offset and backspacing much different than the GNX wheels have? Could I go with 255s in the rear, like the GNXs use? Are they gonna stick out like some gangsta ride would, and lead me to the flares the GNX cars use? Lastly, are there other alternative tire sizes I might look at with these rims?
The motor is back in and healthy, but my 10 year old tires suck, so I have to get new rubber before I can really drive my car.Thanks in advance for the tips.

GTA front's have an inch more backspacing than GNX wheels, so no, they won't stick out with 255's in back. No flares are required.

If its a "set" of GTA's from a T/A, there are 2 fronts and 2 rears. The Fronts will fit in both the front and rear of your car.

"Rears" will only fit in front, and only with about a 3/8" spacer and longer studs.

You can also mount the rear's in back with 1.5" wheel adapters.

Hi,
I don't want a wheel spacer, if possible,on any corner,but I have no real issues with longer studs. As a matter of fact,I will probably use one eventually, anyway. Keep the good advice coming! Thanks.

Go with a wheel adapter, they're considered to be pretty safe especially compared to spacers.