Gta wheels are scrubbing

sams86gn

I have the GTA wheels on my 86 Gn and they are scrubbing...I have 2 fronts and 2 rears...any suggestions?

sams86gn said:
I have the GTA wheels on my 86 Gn and they are scrubbing...I have 2 fronts and 2 rears...any suggestions?

Where is it scrubbing (rubbing?)

You probably need a spacer

I'm not for sure exactly because the guy working on it just called and told me. He said the fronts were rubbing on the tie rod ends and then he rotated the fronts to the rears and now the rear are scrubbing on the frame (I believe that's what he said) he is headed to autozone to get some longer studs and spacer for the rears and I just wanted to post it on here before he goes through the trouble of all that and there may be an easy fix.

you can run the rears in the front with a 5/16 spacer (no clip on wheel weights inside) and depending on how far your lugs go into the cone you may need longer studs or and you can run ET cone lugs for more thread engagement

rears mounted on the rear should have a 1" spacer for std 245/50 , and possibly more depending on tires

best is run rears on the front with spacer

I noticed when the steering wheel is cut all the way - that the inside of the rim rubs the tie rod end a slight bit.

I have all 4 Fronts (0-Offset)

I put fronts on the rear no issues with 245's. Rears on front and there was no room for them b4 I even had the lugs tightened it hit on the caliper i think and had to pull them back off.
Where or who sells the right spacer, I've searched but there's so much info and everyone is running something different.

I think for now we are just going to use some longer studs and spacers. Thanks for all the replys

did he replace the upper a arm bushings? Had an insident where a guy (me) dummy replaced a arm bushings and put right on left and left on right and had similiar issues. Weird things happen when you try to rush.

slickj52003 said:
did he replace the upper a arm bushings? Had an insident where a guy (me) dummy replaced a arm bushings and put right on left and left on right and had similiar issues. Weird things happen when you try to rush.

Didn't replace the bushings. We put some longer studs in and some spacers and that fixed the problem for now. Maybe I will come across 2 fronts at some point

don't run longer studs and spacers- that's a recipe for disaster. you can get away with the rears on the front with a 5/16" spacer- i did it for about a year before i got a second set of fronts- but don't run longer studs and a 1/2" or thicker spacer on the rear... if you are gonna do it, do it right, and either find another set of front wheels or put adapters on the rear..

don't run longer studs and spacers- that's a recipe for disaster. you can get away with the rears on the front with a 5/16" spacer- i did it for about a year before i got a second set of fronts- but don't run longer studs and a 1/2" or thicker spacer on the rear... if you are gonna do it, do it right, and either find another set of front wheels or put adapters on the rear..

I'm running longer studs and 1/2" adapters for my MT DR 295/50/16's...I'll let you know if my wheels fly off ;)