GTA Wheel help...

Shifty

I'm wondering if a 275-55-16 M&H Drag Radial will fit on GTA wheels and what I would have to do to get it to fit on my car??? I know everybody has 255-50-16's, but I really want to run a 28" tall tire... Thanks, Gavin

With fronts, they might be a little close to the frame, but only rub around corners. A small spacer would probably take care of any rubbing, but make sure everything is torqued tight with spacers and sticky tires.

With rears, if you run 1.25" wheel adapters, 275's should clear the frame with no problems and still not take out the Wheel opening molding when you hit a bump.

Yea, they are all fronts... I guess I have a chance of fitting them on there...lol... Thanks for the help ;)

I'm wondering if a 275-55-16 M&H Drag Radial will fit on GTA wheels and what I would have to do to get it to fit on my car??? I know everybody has 255-50-16's, but I really want to run a 28" tall tire... Thanks, Gavin
Gavin, here y'a go...

Claude

P.S: The rear wheels are 16"x10" (rear spacing of 4.25") with M&H 275-55-16's...:wink: The last two pictures are to show how much room there is between the tire's sidewall bulge and the frame (right and left) .

WOW!!! I like that... Are they the wheels from GBodyParts??? How do the M&H's hook???

WOW!!! I like that... Are they the wheels from GBodyParts??? How do the M&H's hook???

Gavin, I had these wheels made by Jim Lyon at True Design Wheel. You need to send him two cores and he'll widen them to any width you want. You can even use some less-desired GTA "rears" to do this, as he uses only the GTA's center pieces and re-welds them into new outer rim pieces.
As for the M&H's, they hook pretty good on the street, but it gets to a point when you have LOTS of power, that ANY street tire will still spin, M&H's or not...:rolleyes:...but they're still better than regular tires. I haven't tried them at the track though...:redface:
Hope this helps!
Claude. :)

WOW!!! Thanks, Claude... I sent him an e-mail already...lol... That's exactly what I'm looking for...