GTA TransAm wheel ???

I'm trying to install these same wheels on my 1986 Cutlass, so I'd love to see finished pics and specs on the spacers you used!

Originally posted by joshelgin
I'm trying to install these same wheels on my 1986 Cutlass, so I'd love to see finished pics and specs on the spacers you used!

Use a 1" spacer on front and a 1.25" spacer on rear. Make sure you put the rear GTA wheel on the front of your Cutlass and the front GTA wheel on the rear of your Cutlass.

If you install b-car front spindles (12" rotor), you can use GTA fronts on rear and rears on front. Worked on my 84GN! I have a set of B-car spindles off of a 74 Caprice for sale if anyone is interested.
Conrad

confused

i put these wheels in my cutlass sedan and they look fine but my q is: why use spacers i dont get it??
oh yeah how do i tell the fronts from the rears?? is the lip deeper or what?
theres no rubbing at all in my car either oh yeah im running 215-60-15 up front and 235-60-15 out back...
thx for any help!

Look on the back side of the wheel, you will see "front" or "rear" on the spokes.
Conrad

Re: confused

Originally posted by slowcord
im running 215-60-15 up front and 235-60-15 out back...

You must have different wheels. We are speaking of the 16x8 GTA wheels. I'm pretty sure you don't have 15" tires on your 16" wheels.

Show us your pictures

1badGT,

Lets see your pictures with the spacers.

I always thought the wheels on the GNX's didn't stick far enough out.

yeah thats right mine are 15 inchers GTAs but they do look alike the ones on the picture, oh yeah i see what ure saying i looked under my car while it was on the lift and well if i had gone with something wider than 255 then the tires would rub the frame, so im all good, anyways thx for the help, what car can i get 16 inchers from???

16" GTA wheels

Originally posted by slowcord
what car can i get 16 inchers from???

Well, I think you can find them pretty easy on eBay, that's where I got mine. As for cars, I believe that they came off of an 80s Firebird GTA.

http://www.geocities.com/greyttype86/ttypegtarims.html

If you have a "set" of GTA's with 2 fronts and 2 rears, it can be done rather easily. As you can see in the link above, I used a spacer up front, and even then the rims where very close to the tie-rod ends. The other problem was that I only got a few turns on the lug nuts. So I had the lug nut holes opened up some (a few thousandths) so I could run shanked lug nuts. Worked like a charm......

The easy thing is to get 4 fronts, which I lucked out on a set for my GN. HTH

my spacers are the billet aluminum style with the studs built in to them so i don't have the problem of too short of a stud.:cool:

GTA Rears on Front (confused about spacers)

Hello,

This is the first time I will have used spacers and I am trying to understand how they work. Thanks for your patience.

I have read that for putting GTA rears on the front of my GN I should use anywhere from 1/4" to 1" to 1 1/4".....Of course my question is which one should I be using???

Also, exactly how do spacers work with the lug studs already built in?? I have seen pictures of the studs built in and then there are 5 open holes around the spacer also.

One last question....where should I get the spacers from? Recommendations please.

Thank you.

The spacers w/ the studs installed on them bolt on to your car in the same manner as a wheel......you simply bolt it on with lug nuts.
I bought my 2" billet spacers on ebay for $300.oo for all four.
I only suggest 2" spacers if you are using the GNX style fender flares though.......otherwise about 1" will be fine.

Sounds great....Thank you very much for your reply. I will use the 1" since I do not have the GNX fender flares.

Re: lugnuts

What kind of lugnuts do I need for the GTA wheels?
they use an 'acorn' seat.
thread diameter/pitch depends on the vehicle/spacer/stud.

Re: lugnuts

Originally posted by 1badGT
they use an 'acorn' seat

Is this the same as a conical seat? I believe there are two types of conical seat: standard and bulge.

Re: Re: lugnuts

Is this the same as a conical seat? I believe there are two types of conical seat: standard and bulge.

Yes, and it doesn't matter which one ...they both fit the GTA wheel.