GTA Rims Tire Size

T-top87GN

The Buick Manual CD Guy
My car has the 4 front GTA rims on it. I was planning on running 255/50 16's on the back to keep me close to 26 inches. However, I'm really not too sure what I want on the front.

I'm not too concerned with keep the stock height in the front and I even though it might look a little better if I made the front a little shorter.

So, my question to you all with 16's (especially the GTA wheels) is, what tire do you run up front and how does it look? I plan on getting the tires tomorrow so let me know what's on your mind.

I think the 245 50 16 look the best but a lot of guys on here run 225 60 16

Do you have that size on your car? If you do, do you have any issues with the tires rubbing?

I have a set on my 68 bird I have 255 on back 245 on front I put them on my GN for about 3 days I didnt have any clearenc trouble but my car is stock hight . The one thing I didnt like was I thought they sat in just a little to much. Think if they ever go back on the GN I will run a 1/2 spacer to get them out ware I would be happy with them.But this in not for clearenc just looks. There is a member here that had 255s on all 4 corners.

I have 245 on the fronts and 255 on the rears. No rubbing up front. 4 GTA fronts with 3/8 spacers on the rear. Some say you don't need the spacers with fronts, but mine rubbed slightly. Every car is different so they say.

Attachments

• 1987 White Buick  T .jpg
    1987 White Buick T .jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 231
Thanks for the info guys, keep it coming. :)

BTW, I really like the look of the wheels on that T!

I think the 245 50 16 look the best but a lot of guys on here run 225 60 16

a 225/60/16 tire is 27" tall- which is an inch taller than the 255/50/16.

245/50 looks perfect on the GTA rims, and i have no rubbing at all with that size on my car with front GTA's all around.

a 225/60/16 tire is 27" tall- which is an inch taller than the 255/50/16.

245/50 looks perfect on the GTA rims, and i have no rubbing at all with that size on my car with front GTA's all around.

The GNX came stock with 255/50ZR16's on the rear and 245/50ZR16's on the front. Is that the same setup you have? It was my original plan to use these sizes on my car. However, considering the flares they put on the GNX I wasn't sure if it would work. Also there was another thread I was reading here that had alot of people saying the 245/50 setup rubbed on their car.

I guess I'm just going to have to find out. Or just be safe and go 235/50 in the front.

i have 245/50's all around. but when i first got the car and put the GTA's on it, all 4 of them had 255/50's on them and i only had a slight rub in the front at full lock- and that was mostly because i had "rear" wheels up front with 5/16" spacers at the time.
it looked really badass with the 255's all around, but i couldn't find any cheap tires in that size when i wanted to get new tires for it.
i don't think the GNX fender flares were put there for clearance- they were put there for looks. the GNX rear wheels have a different backspacing that pushes the rim oput a little bit compared to a GTA wheel, and back then it wasn't cool to have the wheels out close to flush with the wheelwell. it was as good a reason as any to add some flares to the wheelwells to give the car a more unique character.

Gta wheels

I have GTA fronts all around with 255 50 16,s,.Fronts rub from time to time. Wish I had bought245-50-16,s for fronts.No problem with rears.

on my GTA's I also run 245/50 fronts and 255/50 rears, no rubbing on the back, and a very slight rub in front, but only when locked one way so it really isn't even a problem.