gt6776dbb and stock turbo shield

fits on my car. I did make my own oil/ water lines oil needs to come out on a 120* fitting but there is plenty of room just cut for the dp

This is what I did on my 6776RHP

Cut notch in back of heat shield to clear the water lines.

DSC01330.jpg

Cut slot in top of heat shield to clear PTE oil feed line.

7-22-07305.jpg

Not the prettiest, but it gets the job done. I agree if you run a 120* fitting and either make a new braided oil feed line, or run Precisions Turbo Oil filtration system, you won't have to cut your heat shield to clear the oil feed.
HTH

Patrick

Patrick, i cant tell by the picture if you have the 3 or 4 inch inlet... If its 4 where did you get the pipe and hoses?

BW

my 4 was home made 4 inch alloy pipe from electrical supply house and rubber bends from grainger. for $50.00 you can make a bad ass intake.

Send pictures to wanner@kc.rr.com please :)

I have 2 cars to do the 4 inch intake tract. Also, did yours clear the iac boss?

One car has the 6776bb and the other Pte 70
BW

Turbo is a PT6776RHP, 4" inlet, 3" discharge compressor cover.
Got my kit from Mark at TR Custom Parts 84-87 Turbo Regals, Olds G-Body Cars, S-10 Blazers/Pickups

This 4" MAF pipe kit with the correct adaptor sleeves for use with stock MAF sensor.

4" INLET Pipes

And his original Big Mouth Cold Air Kit that routes the filter down through the hole in the radiator support.

Cold Air Kits

To save a little money, I just ordered both kits in plain aluminum and painted them myself.
Excellent kits and I highly recommend them to everyone. I do not run the IAC angle plate, just bent the wires at a 90* to clear the pipe. Stock t-body and stock upper plenum.

DSC00895.jpg

There's about 1/8" to 1/4" clearance between the hose and the wires. No movement with a tie down strap and the pipes the way they are mounted.
More pics can be viewed here.

Patricks_cars/87 Turbo T Sarah - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Good to go.

Patrick

Patrick, thanks for the reply. I have a smaller kit from Mark and it works great, it looks kick butt too.
I wasnt sure what to run with the new setup, but i think you helped me make up my mind. Those kits look great, and im glad the rubber hose makes it so you dont have to purchase the angle boss.
I hate spending money if i can get around it by purchasing something else that works great and looks great.

I appreciate it
BW