GT6776, LT-70, or GTQ 70 which one?

Darth LC2

Muscle Building
I am going to be trying a different turbo since I sold my GT61. I need to know opinions on the gt6776 turbos and the gtg 70. The car will be a true street driver. I do not want to throw a lot of stall at it. See sig for current surrounding mods. I want to run high 10s. at about 127-130+ mph. I'm told that the GT67 will get it done but will the any 70 turbo whether it's a Lt-70 or GTQ 70 work on the street with my stall or will I be better off with the 67. All replies are appreciated. Thanx!

I ran a Limit Engineering Te-70Q on my gray car on the street plenty with a Vigilante "6" pump. It was just tight enough of a converter that the turbo had just enough lag, and wouldn't break the ET streets loose from a roll. If that sentence makes any sense??!! Top end pull was awesome!!

From what you're listing your stall at I'm assuming you have a "0" pump. The 70-series will be hard to spool at the track with that. But you may like it on the street.

K.

Get the pt67 and if you don't like it try a 70 series.My pt67 feels like a TA49 in race trim at just 15-18lbs of boost :D

Darth LC2 said:
Can we say that the GT67 is the perfect choice for my needs?

I wouldn't say that, but it or the Te45a will be fine choices.

K.

Sounds like I will go with the GT67 from Mike Licht. It appears to be the best deal going for around 1g. Got a mean LS1 and a pretty tough 04 Cobra to deal with. Both run low 10s, maybe even a high 9 for the Camaro. Prolly out of reach for me with the GT67. I'll still be able to have me some fun tho!

I got my GT67 from Red Armstrong w/o actuator for $720 (Limit Engineering) a few months ago
I ran a 3400 9/11 lock-up w/50 lbers & Julio's Alky Kit
FRED

tbirdv6 said:
I got my GT67 from Red Armstrong w/o actuator for $720 (Limit Engineering) a few months ago
I ran a 3400 9/11 lock-up w/50 lbers & Julio's Alky Kit
FRED

internals? and expected time with that turbo? Just curious.

ported heads, 212/212 cam, forged .30 pistons, all stock rotating assembly, ARP hardware, RJC FMIC,
GT67
50 lb Inj
AlkyControl.com
3" THDP
ATR Cat Back
CK Transmission
9/11 3400 stall

Excellent Motor built by Richie High PSI (Richie Valcom, Largo Florida)

10 second combination

FRED

When comparing the TE45a andthe GT 67 several things have to be mentioned..again. The GT 67 is much more streetable than a TE45 with less stall. It appears to me (i have owned both) That the 67 will make more power down low. I ran mine with a 3200 Art Carr LU and I could get it spooled on the foot brake. At 15 psi my street car went 113 mph on pump gas. With another 2-3 psi which it could handle it would easily go 115-116 and i had yet to lock up the verter.It would have been very easy to go low 11s or high 10s with this combo and alky.

I dont think the TE45 could have done that. But if i was to buy a turbo for all out power in that size range id go with the TE45A.