GT6157-ball bearing to much for stock heads?

TURBO E38

ANYONE running this turbo?

IT is overkill for stock heads?, Currently running Cheetah stage III Ball bearing(turbonetics)<close to TE-44bb

Regards, TURBO E38

ANYONE running this turbo?

IT is overkill for stock heads?, Currently running Cheetah stage III Ball bearing(turbonetics)<close to TE-44bb

Regards, TURBO E38

Yes that turbo is way to powerful for stock heads ,people have been complaining of floating valves in there in the oil pan. :rolleyes:

mike

Gains over Cheetah stage III BB ?

No not at all.

It says this turbo(GT6157BB) is OK with stock torque converter, and that it is ("BOOSTED TECHNOLOGY") , that has bigger exhaust turbine wheel for less back pressure but still spools fast and will support over 600 HP. Needs water line kit and AN4 oil line, inline oil filter highly recommended.

? Sound like this turbo would "feel similar to what I got but has a higher upside potential.

Only real gain I can figure are from less back pressure at my current combo.

Regards, TURBO E38

Just purchased the 6157BB from FTSS. Mike helped me with selection, and I am running stock heads.

HOW LONG? did it take you to get it?

Just purchased the 6157BB from FTSS. Mike helped me with selection, and I am running stock heads.

Have you got it on the car yet? I would be glad to hear road test opinon.

How long from the time you placed your order did the turbo get to you? 10days, 2 weeks? 3 weeks?

Regards, TURBO E38

Have you got it on the car yet? I would be glad to hear road test opinon.

How long from the time you placed your order did the turbo get to you? 10days, 2 weeks? 3 weeks?

Regards, TURBO E38

Just placed my order 12/26 so I don't have it yet. It'll be a while before I road test it (I don't drive it in winter with the snow and salt we have here). I will be glad to let you know how it ends up.

Do You Get Your New Turbo??

Just placed my order 12/26 so I don't have it yet. It'll be a while before I road test it (I don't drive it in winter with the snow and salt we have here). I will be glad to let you know how it ends up.

JUST wondering if you got the GT6157bb TURBOCHARGER ? and if installed what is the VERDICT?

REGARDS< >TURBO E38

JUST wondering if you got the GT6157bb TURBOCHARGER ? and if installed what is the VERDICT?

REGARDS< >TURBO E38

I have not received it yet. I talked to FTSS about an eta, and my understanding is that Precision is still in the process of building them. I won't forget to post when I do get it. :cool:

For those that wanted to know... My 6157BB arrived today UPS:D I will get it on soon, but won't have the car on the road until spring. I'll give an update then if anyone is still interested.

For those that wanted to know... My 6157BB arrived today UPS:D I will get it on soon, but won't have the car on the road until spring. I'll give an update then if anyone is still interested.

I couldn't live up north..... you yankee's don't get to play with your toys in the winter...... I couldn't do that.

We are cruising all year long..... :p

Mines not a toy, daily driven with snow tires.

One is under wraps just to keep the ice off it. :p

These cars were made to be driven. :cool:

With or without DBB turbos. ;)

i plan on running this turbo on stock heads on my dads new T when ever he decided to upgrade. Ill be waiting for updates ;)

I have not received it yet. I talked to FTSS about an eta, and my understanding is that Precision is still in the process of building them. I won't forget to post when I do get it. :cool:

What burbs are you in?

I couldn't live up north..... you yankee's don't get to play with your toys in the winter...... I couldn't do that.

We are cruising all year long..... :p

It's hard. Like looking at the presents under the tree but knowing what is under the wrapping paper. Spring is like Christmas.

Mines not a toy, daily driven with snow tires.

One is under wraps just to keep the ice off it. :p

These cars were made to be driven. :cool:

With or without DBB turbos. ;)

Salvage- Love it that you cruise it in the winter! Mine is a toy. The salt and calcium chloride they lay down here would turn my toy into a rat rod real fast;) You made me feel like kind of a pu??y:eek: She is no trailer queen though:cool:

What burbs are you in?

Nearest cities most have heard of are Aurora and Naperville.

Nearest cities most have heard of are Aurora and Naperville.

Cool I am in Glen Ellyn. Kind of near the very northeast side of naperville. Let me know if you take that car to the track. I will try to go with you.

my cpt 61 rocks the mic. stock heads. pulls hard. fast spool with 2800 stall. water lines not a big deal to hook up. J Cotton says that you don't have to run water lines. I did cause they where there and I hadn't really heard at the time I installed it. Good turbo with room to grow IMO.