GS NATS in BG

Jobi-Wan

Anyone going to be at the Nats in October since they have been rescheduled? I have to work during the day, but will be out and about town most nights. I almost went to the track last night, then I remembered I don't have a boat.

Sorry to hear that, I would really like to see your car in person. I live about 15 miles from the track, so if you ever do make it this way, hit me up and we'll get the buicks out there. Until the flood, the Tues night and Sat night races were getting going pretty strong and only cost $10 to race all you want or $5 to watch, so I'm there quite a bit. I went to the nats about 20 years ago and that's how I ended up with my 83. I was floored by the turbobuicks and my brother helped me find the TType a couple years later. Between it and the GN, I've driven a turbobuick since I got my license back in 92.

I've always wanted to go to BG, Hell that state is my Neighbor, but something about KY scares me...
I want to head to Noble ,OK too

I've always wanted to go to BG, Hell that state is my Neighbor, but something about KY scares me...

Well if you make it to BG next year I just might be there Adam.:biggrin: I want to go in October but the budget just won't allow it. I hope everything works out so I can make it to Noble this year with the car. Pistons are on the way now and I have some porting to do as well as block prep. Trying to split everything between work, building the new shop, ect, has me spread thin right now. I don't really get the time on here that I want but the rest of my work is what's important.:smile:

Yeah, Yeah, we feel the same way about WV:rolleyes:. Seriously though, KY is a very car friendly state. Tons of cruise-ins, racetracks...the Vette plant/museum is 5 min from the track in BG. There are about a billion restaurants and Mammoth Cave is a great place to drive through, just don't speed. Oh yeah, there's bourbon, The Kentucky Headhunters, the Derby...it aint scary, just don't go sight seeing down unknown gravel roads. We don't like strangers snoopin' around:biggrin:.

Hey Charlie,

Hope the shop is coming along ok. Maybe see you in BG in 2011 with the 82?

Well I haven't had time to take pics lately but the sides are up now.:biggrin: WE'RE GETTING A 10K LIFT AS WELL!:eek::cool: I've been pricing TIG's as well as a few other goodies but right now we're just trying to get the building up. I'll see about taking some more pics this week so you can see what has been done. I'll post them in the thread so I won't clutter things up as much.:)

That sounds great! I'd like to have a lift in my brother's shop one day. We keep planning an addition and that's definitely on the wish list.

This has been a long time coming. Sharing the shop has been a chore trying to figure out who is supposed to get in and where. If there's a problem with a mod or repair it screwed everyone up and we had to sit. After it's done we'll have repair location for 6 cars and the lift will be outside until we build a cover for it.

A clean and smooth flowing shop/garage is a happy shop/garage.

So true Adam. Here's how far we've gotten. Still doing some work as we go because we have to pay the bills after all.:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCN0010.jpg
    DSCN0010.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 153
  • DSCN0003.jpg
    DSCN0003.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCN0002.jpg
    DSCN0002.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 148
wow your building a race car charlie. keep us posted on your progrees it all looks good. if your worried about hijacking why dont we use the before black bs thread? thats why aj made it. i call it our little turbo lounge.lol

Not mine Matt. It 's the owners son that's doing it. I just have to work around him to get anything done. That car has been a nightmare to get it to this point. It hasn't even let the shop and it's on the secind engine. The block cracked while torqueing the heads down.

I like the Sanford and Son sign. I tend to whistle the theme music during quizzes. Occasionally, someone recognizes it, but not often. I managed to get out in the garage today, but only to fix my lawn mower. I'll at least get to take the GN, but the TType won't make it this year since I had to use its transmission in my GN. Fortunately, it's holding up quite well, but I don't want to get in it real hard until the BRF is back together, so it's not going to see any track time. Well, I did get on it just a little :D.

LOL Sounds like you've had some fun at least. I've been at work most of the day and had to go check out a truck this evening. He bought it used and just decided to try the spare tank since it was full. Unfortunatly it's been sitting full for 5 years. I'm sure you can guess why it won't run.