Green Wire w/ Black End- Where??

turbo6leon

My car (87 T) has been apart for two years & it's almost ready to fire again but I've got this single green wire with a black end that appears to go down the front of the motor. I should know where this wire goes but I'm lost :eek: :eek: Help Please!!

Thanks,
Lee

Is it a single connector ? is it behind the alt? where is it exactly and what other wires are close to it ? Make sure you have the AC compressor connector hooked up . In the front of compressor at around 4 o'clock . Could also be the fuel pump test lead . In that case is does not get hooked up to anything .

Im pretty sure thats the tach lead, which is not used unless you have an aftermarket tach. HTH

It's a single green wire with a female spade type connector. It comes out of the harness with the 02 sensor plug, the cam timing sensor plug, etc. I have the lead for the fuel pump & what I believe is the tach lead (forgot to look at the color) pulled out of the way. I've been looking at this thing for too long & I think I just need a break. Also, I'm in a wheelchair so leaning, bending & twisting my way in there is getting to be a real bitch. Can't wait to hear the ol' girl run again though. Thanks guys!

Lee

A green wire with a black end. I think that is the wire used to tap into for a fuel pump hotwire kit. I think, not positive though. If it is then it doesn't hook into anything on the motor. HTH

Coolant temp. switch for the idiot light.

If it has a yellow stripe on it, it is the high speed fan relay coolant temp. switch.

:)

salvagev6, I think you are right. I have an aftermarket temp gauge & the sender replaced that coolant sensor, leaving me with an extra wire. I'll know for sure tomorrow & I'll post my findings for anyone who's interested.

Thanks,
Lee

Just ground it with a jumper with the key on. If it lights up on the dash I'm right!

If something else smokes don't call me I'll call you. ;)

Good luck. :)