Grand National rear end 8.5" 10 bolt POSI 3.42 gear ratio - $1200

what is a fair price for a low mileage 8.5 posi axle?

• Total voters

tunedup2aT

1987 Grand National rear end low miles 8.5" 10 bolt POSI 3.42 gear ratio. from drum to drum all brakes, lines, brake cables, control links/bars and sway bar included. Works great, came out of a running Grand National. $1200.00.... located in oxford michigan

Attachments

• deer, gn 011.jpg
    deer, gn 011.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 5,020
  • deer, gn 012.jpg
    deer, gn 012.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 5,599
  • deer, gn 013.jpg
    deer, gn 013.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 5,101
Wow, that must be some killer stuff dude!!!!!!! Pass some my way!

<<//////////////////////#~~~~~~~~~~~~~`:p

I think what they are trying to say is your price is through the roof. You need to drop it to where the rest of them sell on a DAILY basis. Which is anywhere from $600-$900 depending on condition and mileage. That one looks pretty rough, so Id guess closer $650.
Good luck.

I Agree You Are A Little High On Your Price But I Sold 2 Of These 3 Weeks Ago For $900 Each. 1 I Had For Only 1/2 Hour The Other Only 48 Hours.i Have Gotten As Much As $950 That Is With No Control Arms ,wheels Or Sway Bar. Put It On Craigslist And List It Within A 100 Mile Radius Of Your House With A Couple Ads Or Try Maliburacing.com I Have Sold About 6 Of These To Malibu Guys.

Good Luck!

I Agree You Are A Little High On Your Price But I Sold 2 Of These 3 Weeks Ago For $900 Each. 1 I Had For Only 1/2 Hour The Other Only 48 Hours.i Have Gotten As Much As $950 That Is With No Control Arms ,wheels Or Sway Bar. Put It On Craigslist And List It Within A 100 Mile Radius Of Your House With A Couple Ads Or Try Maliburacing.com I Have Sold About 6 Of These To Malibu Guys.

Good Luck!

:) Thanks!!:)

:cool: to the drugees: Go smoke somewhere else. :cool: :(

Also this axle is perfect and I will entertain any fair offers.

im sure the same thing was said the first time someone asked double what they paid for a brand new gnx. these parts are getting more and more rare by the day. is 1200 steap for todays market? maybe but he is including control bars, sway bars, and complete drum to drum. i think he should keep his price and like he said entertain offers.

im sure the same thing was said the first time someone asked double what they paid for a brand new gnx. these parts are getting more and more rare by the day. is 1200 steap for todays market? maybe but he is including control bars, sway bars, and complete drum to drum. i think he should keep his price and like he said entertain offers.

Not in this economy! Maybe 2 years ago when all was well, but not now.
Hell, Im in the market for a 8.5" 10 Bolt rear exactly like this and I dont live that far, but I wont even make an offer when he's that high in price.

Check the prices on Ts and GNs, they have decreased a little in light of the tough economic times, as well as the price of all other cars, collector or otherwise.

Not in this economy! Maybe 2 years ago when all was well, but not now.
Hell, Im in the market for a 8.5" 10 Bolt rear exactly like this and I dont live that far, but I wont even make an offer when he's that high in price.

Check the prices on Ts and GNs, they have decreased a little in light of the tough economic times, as well as the price of all other cars, collector or otherwise.

Hey have you seen the barret jackson auction on saturday? a 6600 mile Gn went for $44,000.00!!!! SO how was that you said 'Check the prices on Ts and GNs, they have decreased a little in light of the tough economic times, as well as the price of all other cars, collector or otherwise." Check it out!!

Also you must want a axle that is worn out since you would not even offer a fair price for a low mile axle. (please note the EAGLE GT tires on the gn wheels.)

Hey have you seen the barret jackson auction on saturday? a 6600 mile Gn went for $44,000.00!!!! SO how was that you said 'Check the prices on Ts and GNs, they have decreased a little in light of the tough economic times, as well as the price of all other cars, collector or otherwise." Check it out!!

Also you must want a axle that is worn out since you would not even offer a fair price for a low mile axle. (please note the EAGLE GT tires on the gn wheels.)

You dont compare prices at barret jackson. You compare prices of from places like these boards, car dealerships, online sites (autotrader, cars.com)
You dont have barret Jackson parts there buddy, you cant ask Barret Jackson prices. Barret Jackson sold one of the first GT500s (not the first) for nearly a million dollars. Should people that have GT500s put them up for sale for a million bucks? Only if they are out of their minds and dont want to sell them. They can be obtained for realistic prices from dealerships. Barret Jackson is a place for the rich enthusiasts to show off.

With that out of the way, I dont want one thats worn out, but you havent specified what LOW miles is, first off. Second, its looks like sh!t and like its been sitting. So yeah, I would rather have one with 80K miles that was driven and taken care of, then some POS with 10K miles on it that rusted and probably barely turns and needs a rebuild.

Good luck. Maybe you should ask $10K and sell it on Barret Jackson.
Now I do agree with the others... lay down the bong dude.

Rare GN Rear

Get real! That rear doesn't look low mileage at all, they don't come painted from the factory and looks likes its been on the road for awhile. Rare Eagle GTs that are hard and wore out? They surely have expired there expiration date. $1200 is an offensive price! Shame on you!

Again to all concerned.............. a fair price for a 36,000 mile rear axle is all I ever asked for NOT ATTACKS!!!!
Like your mother has told you ....So if you do not have good things to say DO NOT SAY THEM. if you are not interested then do not offer if you are then offer. that is what I have said many times to all of you in one way or another. Comparing this to a barret jackson is NOT what I said. I was informing you of hte price our Grand Natrionals are now getting in bad times as you have refered to.

ALSO TO ALL : WHERE THE HELL DOES THIS SAY A RARE GN REAR AXLE????????????????????????????????????????

MAYBE YOU ALL NEED TO TAKE THE BONG GLASSES OFF.

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

TOLD YOU TO HOLD OUT FOR GOOD MONEY AND IT WOKED!!

CONGRATS:biggrin:

ALSO HOW DID YOU SELL IT?CRAIGSLIST?EBAY?TURBOBUICK.COM?