Grand National Motor in an S-10?

agent007kimball

Hi

Let me start by saying I am not able to get a Syclone.

I was wondering if anybody has taken a Grand National motor and put it into a new body S-10 successfully. I think the idea of a Grand National truck would be an interesting one.

Has anyone done this and for how much? Is a lot of custom fabrication involved?

Thanks!

honestly, the time, money and effort involved... your better off getting syclone.. the dollar amount will not be that far off.

Originally posted by choppers4life
honestly, the time, money and effort involved... your better off getting syclone.. the dollar amount will not be that far off.

Yeah, but you'd be stuck with that 4.3L. The 3.8 is a much better platform (BTDT). The AWD is nice and tough to duplicate, but I think the S10 LC2 swap would be much more fun.

I miss the AWD launches (sold my 'Phoon last year), but with some stickies the GN does as well anyway.

Jim

GN powered RX-7. '87-91 models can be picked up for under $1K all day long with blown up engines. Good bodypaint and interior too.

2700lb car with killer aerodynamics makes for one hell of a chassis to drop a GN driveline into. Plus the 5 lug models have very good factory brakes.

That S-10 project took a ton of work... the RX-7 engine bay works very nicely and has tons of room. '87-93 Mustangs are another good choice and 240Z etc.

-GNX7

go for it.

I just picked up an 97 s10 extended cab. I have an extra powerplant, so I thinks this may be my next project. I also have an 87 rx7 that I purchased to convert, but I like trucks better. I know it will be alot of work, but man it will be worth it.
Bubba Nicholson:D

Re: go for it.

Originally posted by turbo87limited
I just picked up an 97 s10 extended cab. I have an extra powerplant, so I thinks this may be my next project. I also have an 87 rx7 that I purchased to convert, but I like trucks better. I know it will be alot of work, but man it will be worth it.
Bubba Nicholson:D

I'll give ya any help you need, just drop me a line!

Thanks Russ, I just spent about an hour looking at your website. I am trully impressed with your conversion. I will definately call you when I get it stripped down and ready for transplant.
Thanks
Bubba Nicholson