Govenor

1nadrag

Has anyone put a second spring in the govenor. I know the gn comes with one but what effect will 2 have.

I have a 350 turbo & ive tried drilling holes in both weights to get my rpm up..I have a 3500-3800 converter in it & it shifts around 4500 behind a V-8 350...Ive drilled 3 holes in each weight about the size of a pencil & not much different just a lil maybe...should I take a spring out or drill more holes & if so which spring should I take out on the lil weight or big weight..Im trying to get a 5500-6200 shift out of it & no one seems to know anything anywhere about a 350 turbo for some reason...It had a kickdown cable but doesnt now so Im sure thats some of the problem but should be able to correct with governer adjustments..any help greatly appreciated..
Brian

Hmmm..no one here knows anything about a 350 turbo either huh? Anyone know a board I can visit that will know? never seen a "bowtie forum" or anything
Brian

Your Best Bet National is to

Get the Shift point package from superior {pt# k018} or B&M also makes a similar package. You'll wear your drill motor out trying to take enough weight out of the governor weights to get it the way you want. The shift point kits are pretty reasonable and come with a variety of springs and different weight governor weights to talor the shift point the way you want.

National,
You'll never get the 6200 rpm shifts without the kickdown hooked up.

First hook up a kickdown (detent) cable.

Then go see what you already have. Probably somewhere between 5k-6k.

You can grind the tips off the "nails", remove them, remove the inner weights, grind material off, then reassemble, use 6D finishing nails to replace the factory pieces. Bend the ends over.
Try unti you get it where you want.